What is your office/school dress code

Options

Replies

• rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I own my own business so whatever I want really, but normally shorts, a polo, and flip flops. -Love it here in South Florida, you people need to quit moving here...
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Clothing, clean.
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just try not to dress like the students I teach. So, self-prescribed dress code is no short shorts or tights as pants (whatever those things are called: they look like tights to me). Maybe if I did wear those it'd up my hotness quotient on ratemyprofessor, though. No, probably not. :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of most of you. I have to wear black. Seriously. All solid black. Black slacks/skirt, black shirt and black third piece (a sweater, suit coat, or cardigan). We always have to have three pieces on. Black shoes. They can be open toed April 1 - Oct 31. Other than that they have to be closed toed. Occasionally the company will allow us to wear a different color shirt but they tell us the color and it has to match almost exactly (as in you take a swatch to the store and match it up).

Do you work at a morgue?!? That's downright depressing sounding!

Believe it or not I work in the beauty industry--makeup, not hair.

Ah, a lot of therapy places seem to have that attire. Dunno if it's good or not. Seems a bit miserable. In therapist mode, I wear the corporate colours of my business (blue, black, greys).
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Pants. As in, they want us to have some on. I went into my line of work partly because of the lack of dress code.
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    am i the only one that finds it disturbing someone asking what your 'school' dress code is? :noway: Maybe im just an over protective parent lol
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    We don't have one, thankfully
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    This actually went round my office recently about uniform;

"Nothing racist, sexist, ageist, or homophobic
    Shorts are fine so long as it leaves something to the imagination (men and women)
    No flip flops.
    Tattoos are fine unless you are a male with tribal on your arm, or a woman with a fairy, stars, or a Chinese symbol"
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That will be all the staff going for cover ups then lol
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    very casual. The rule is simple

No boobs
    No Butt
    No Belly
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Since I work from home, I could be sitting naked in front of my computer right now if I wanted to.
    BUT, never done that lol.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My office is clothing-optional but I usually wear a reasonably clean t-shirt and jeans. I am self-employed and my office is in our house.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher.

Professional dress. No jeans (except on Fridays,) no flip flops. No spaghetti straps (duh.) No tattoos showing.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Mine will probably include a provided vest or collared shirt with the company logo, and then dress pants or skirt and close toed comfortable shoes since it will involve a lot of walking.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Black pants, close-toed shoes and work polo (I work at my gym)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Since I work from home, I could be sitting naked in front of my computer right now if I wanted to.

Pics or it did happen...
  • Lisacare
    Lisacare Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Pics or it did happen...

That is the dress code when you work from home. At least thats what my company said, hey what's this little camera thing, here???
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Men:
    Slacks
    Button shirt
    No sandals. Tennies ok on Fridays
    No T-shirts (except when Cards, Blues or Rams are playing or if it's a hospital-related t-shirt)
    No untucked shirts

Women:
    Slacks
    Skirts
    No T-shirts (except when Cards, Blues or Rams are playing or if it's a hospital-related t-shirt)
    Dress
    No sandals or open toe shoes. Tennies ok on Fridays
    No short skirts or dresses
    No bra straps showing

Both:
    No visible tattoos
    No piercings visible exempt ears
    Overall well groomed appearance

Depends on the office though. Scheduling's dress code is looser than ours on the switchboard, but we're located in the main facility, while Scheduling is in an outer building and only comes here for the cafeteria. We're more visible to the visitors and patients.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Business casual I guess. There are no real strict guidelines in our employee manual, but it's a law firm, so it's pretty conservative. I've showed cleavage once or twice and haven't been yelled at. I usually wear slacks with flats and a button-up shirt. If I'm in the mood, I'll put on a skirt or dress with heels. I did that today and I'm regretting it. High heels = torture devices.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We're very casual, since I work at a warehouse. The only important thing is to wear your back brace, gloves, and closed-toe shoes when it is a heavy moving day! Otherwise, I'm mostly sitting at my desk working on paperwork in my sandals, shorts, and sweatshirt. C:

Though if I plan on making a trip to our corporate offices, I dress a little nicer... meaning, jeans instead of shorts, ahah!