Biggest Loser Challenge Starting Monday

Options
lmc8009
lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, May 5th. Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 10 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2014. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, May 5, 2014. It will end June 15, 2014.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, daily challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!!

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire competition!

Replies

• lmc8009
    Options
    *bump
  • queenbellasmom
    Options
    I'm assuming this is all done on our own, not everyone lives locally, right? If so I'd be interested. I definitely would love an extra challenge and some help pushing myself. Although I must say I do not run (yet!) if that matters. I'm in Southern California if that mean anything....
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I'm assuming this is all done on our own, not everyone lives locally, right? If so I'd be interested. I definitely would love an extra challenge and some help pushing myself. Although I must say I do not run (yet!) if that matters. I'm in Southern California if that mean anything....

We have members all over the world! So anywhere you live is fine! The challenges are designed to be able to be done by anyone, anywhere, and at any level of fitness. I'll put you on our list! You should hear from a leader soon with instructions on how to find your team page. :smile:
  • LMH5163
    LMH5163 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I want to do this
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome, exactly what i am looking for right now.
    please consider me
  • collinsmom10
    collinsmom10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join also!
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yep, sounds fun!
  • DisneyBecca
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • Alyssa100513
    Alyssa100513 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too please. :)
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Me me me! ( waving my hands and jumping up and down)!!! I want to do this!!
  • mkalinski333
    Options
    I would love to do this!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there is still people needed! Sounds like fun :)
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I would love join!
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just finishing a 90 day challenge at my gym, need a new challenge - count me in!
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • cnekniher
    cnekniher Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    PLEASE!
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ME!
  • bruma1345
    bruma1345 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is there room still left? I am definitely interested.