best way to shed inches ?

Options
what is the most effective way to burn fat and shed inches?
im a size 18 197lbs and 5'3 and id like to get down to a size 16 or 14 in around 2 months if possible. my problem area is mostly on my stomach and my hipsand my thighs. im currently on a 1200 calorie meal plan but im thinking of upping it a tiny bit because im always hungry or going to try and get some more fiber in,
ill be starting the gym this week so what can i do while im there to reach my goal and please i dont want to hear its not possible because many people have done it in a healthy way. thanks !

Replies

• wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What I have found has helped me the most is lifting heavy weights and eating at a deficit (1600-1800 calories). In a short amount of time, I got much more toned and it helped me shed fat, not muscle. I've only lost 13 lbs. in 13 weeks but thanks the the weight lifting, I look like I've lost about 25!

Heavy lifting means doing fewer reps with heavier weights (think 8 reps). You won't bulk up.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I think a mixture of cardio and heavy lifting is best. Cardio burns lots of calories and allows you to enjoy eating a good amount while burning fat and weight training builds muscle and the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn day to day. Also the fat burning effect from lifting lasts a lot longer than cardio fat burning.
  • moya1219
    moya1219 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you ! if your weak is it okay to start off with not so heavy weights??
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Try Stronglifts 5x5 you start off light but focus on form for a good while before getting to any heavy weight.