Motivation and Help Needed!

Options
Hello,

I'm new to this. I've finally decided it's time to lose the baby weight; however, I'm finding it extremely hard to get motivated to work out. Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Starting out, I think it's better to do a little bit every day (and commit to doing it whether you feel like it or not) than to start out strong and then burn out. Combine tracking your food with doing your workouts for the best chance of losing weight. I find food to be way more important to weight loss than exercise, but exercise is really important for overall health and fitness, including mental health. Good luck!
  • joycechastity2
    Options
    You can do it. Once you start you are going to feel so good about yourself!!!! :bigsmile:
  • HeleenH
    Options
    For me what works always! Is having somebody's picture (who you look up to) that shows their body so you can look at it and think 'I want that!'

It may be silly but it definatly helps me when I don't feel like running or when I want some cookies :D

Just hang it on your fridgerator or in your room where you can always see it!

It may not work always but it's a great push in the right direction! ^^
  • joycechastity2
    Options
    Great advice PJilly.
  • laschlueter
    laschlueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good advice! I need to hang a pic of me and my skinny sister on the fridge
  • HeleenH
    Options
    as long as your sister is healthy skinny :P it's a great way to stay motivated!
  • MJP7991
    MJP7991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to set my goal for 5 minutes a day and increase as I can. I went from 5 minutes to 7 minutes to 10 minutes.Even with 5 minutes, I could soon feel a difference. 5 minutes is better than 0 minutes and it makes your goal more reachable!
  • jmcmurtr
    jmcmurtr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just remember that even the elite athletes sometimes have to push themselves to work out. I find that if I pre-pack my bag and put it in the car every day with all the things I need at the gym or pool, makes it easier to just walk out the door and go. :smile: Remind yourself that every time you finish a workout, you are soooo glad you did it! And you feel better and better.
  • nume2011
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Your words mean a lot. My son just asked me to take him outside to play. Later!! :bigsmile:
  • laschlueter
    laschlueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, she's athletic and healthy not skinny-skinny