It feels like it's taking foreveeeerrrrrrrrrr!

Options
wozkaa
wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
Gah. Just having a whinge.

I know I didn't put the weight on in a few weeks, so it will not come off in a few weeks. I know I could be more strict, excercise more etc.... it just *feels* like this process is dragging on.

The good thing is that it's not been a drastic change, and the more I stick with it the more integrated into my lifestyle it becomes.
Being a slightly taller gal (176cm) I don't drop dress sizes quickly. And my tummy is a squishy mess as it's where the fat tends to hang on - and I think it's still offended by carrying twins 17 months ago.

I have had some good progress, I do not deny it and am pleased - but my interim shape is more or less frog shaped. :grumble: It is probably why I am more annoyed and impatient than last time I had a lot of weight to lose.

I know I am in it for the long haul, but some days just frustrate me more when I am a bit behind in my laundry and have trouble finding something comfortable to wear! LOL

OK I'm done. Feel free to add to the list of small but annoying things if you like! :laugh:

Replies

• dtuinst
    dtuinst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: twins! Girl that sounds like a custom exercise plan! Keep up the good work,it will all be worth it when you reach your goal. :)
  • jjoh553028
    jjoh553028 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks into this and I have been doing pretty good. I have been either staying the same or dropping 1 - 1/2 lb( I dont know what it equals to in kg) But then the last 3 weeks the scale has been all over the place... up 4lbs down 3 up 4 down 2. I finally droped 1lb. It was so frustrating. I thing I am over the hurdle, but when you feel like you are staying on the plan, working hard with the cardio and then nothing for 3 weeks... It is very frustrating ! And I know I have a long way to go, but nothing is going to stop me..
    Just a thought for you to know that we all feel like it is taking foreveeerrr.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "Do I have to buy a new dress/jeans/shorts to replace this one? I feel like I can put a belt around it and it'll hold up. Mmkay, I'll put a belt around it."

Guh! I don't want to replace my entire wardrobe in 1 go.

Anyway OP, I hope you feel better soon! It is a weight loss journey after all. Journeys take quite a while, but I'm glad you have your eye on the prize and can see the big picture! Whoot whoot, don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • wozkaa
    Options
    Oh, I am totally just having a whinge. Doing something is always always always better than doing nothing about a problem.

It probably doesn't help that in December I weighed myself for the first time in 6 months, and I was 7kg (15 lbs?) heavier than I thought i was, so it kinda added a fair bit to how long I thought it would take to lose the amount i want to in a healthy manner.

It's all good - especially as I have somewhere like this to come and chat with like minded souls. :flowerforyou:
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    We all have these days - I do too! I recently had a 4 month plateau. Talk about discouraging! I went nutso! But, kept at it, and now I have blown past that plateau and am closer than ever to my goal - whee! It might feel like forever now but when you're almost at goal, you'll wonder "Where did the time (and fat) go?" :drinker:

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like - I get so much inspiration from reading everyone's progress and statuses on here. :)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

This has been my mantra through the last 18 months, I'm 57lbs down and just 11lbs off target and at times it has been slow progress ................but so worth it.

Good luck x
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    whingeing it~!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking the same, since January 1st I've lost 9lbs which averages out at about 1/2lb per week. Why can't I lose weight quicker I keep asking myself but then I realise I've not denied myself anything over this time and I don't feel like I'm on a diet. Hopefully when I lose the weight this time it'll stay off for good :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am totally just having a whinge. Doing something is always always always better than doing nothing about a problem.

It probably doesn't help that in December I weighed myself for the first time in 6 months, and I was 7kg (15 lbs?) heavier than I thought i was, so it kinda added a fair bit to how long I thought it would take to lose the amount i want to in a healthy manner.

It's all good - especially as I have somewhere like this to come and chat with like minded souls. :flowerforyou:

dang girl?...how many whinges are you gonna have? u want some blue cheese sauce to go with those?
  • wozkaa
    Options

dang girl?...how many whinges are you gonna have? u want some blue cheese sauce to go with those?

Is there a limit? Like, one a day or what? Because if I have to pace myself and let them out one at a time, I need to know in advance so I can log it....meter them out all evenly and whatnot.

Cheers for the pep talk folks, am always happy to add more friends to interact with. :happy:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    This is like moaning about traffic but deliberately choosing the M6....
  • wozkaa
    Options
    This is like moaning about traffic but deliberately choosing the M6....

Fancy that, someone blowing off some steam with the hope that it might resonate with some people that are struggling? On an internet forum? How quaint. Outrageous even.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It does take time. I know. Just keep thinking that the time is going to pass anyway...and we all know how fast time goes over the long run! So you can either lose slow and healthy with the time...or stay the same. I kept thinking of a year passing and knowing what I could have accomplished...(and had failed so many times before!)......and that kept me going!

:flowerforyou:
  • wozkaa
    Options
    It does take time. I know. Just keep thinking that the time is going to pass anyway...and we all know how fast time goes over the long run! So you can either lose slow and healthy with the time...or stay the same. I kept thinking of a year passing and knowing what I could have accomplished...(and had failed so many times before!)......and that kept me going!

:flowerforyou:

Thanks. :flowerforyou: Congrats on your loss, that's wonderful - you must feel like a whole new person.
    You're right, the time will be passing anyway, might as well do something personally productive with it!
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi is amyenman
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks into this and I have been doing pretty good. I have been either staying the same or dropping 1 - 1/2 lb( I dont know what it equals to in kg) But then the last 3 weeks the scale has been all over the place... up 4lbs down 3 up 4 down 2. I finally droped 1lb. It was so frustrating. I thing I am over the hurdle, but when you feel like you are staying on the plan, working hard with the cardio and then nothing for 3 weeks... It is very frustrating ! And I know I have a long way to go, but nothing is going to stop me..
    Just a thought for you to know that we all feel like it is taking foreveeerrr.

This perfectly describes my last few weeks.:( So very frustrating...
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    "Do I have to buy a new dress/jeans/shorts to replace this one? I feel like I can put a belt around it and it'll hold up. Mmkay, I'll put a belt around it."

Guh! I don't want to replace my entire wardrobe in 1 go.

Anyway OP, I hope you feel better soon! It is a weight loss journey after all. Journeys take quite a while, but I'm glad you have your eye on the prize and can see the big picture! Whoot whoot, don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou:

Aww, I myself needed both of these reads today.....I actually just blogged about my three week plateau. Ugh....I am so there with the dragging on thing! Good luck OP
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from.....I have about 12lb to go and I've been gaining and losing the same 5lb for about 6 months now.....it's so difficult sometimes.....but the people on here are great....:)
  • I empathize! But you're doing it <3
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Gah. Just having a whinge.

I know I didn't put the weight on in a few weeks, so it will not come off in a few weeks. I know I could be more strict, excercise more etc.... it just *feels* like this process is dragging on.

The good thing is that it's not been a drastic change, and the more I stick with it the more integrated into my lifestyle it becomes.
    Being a slightly taller gal (176cm) I don't drop dress sizes quickly. And my tummy is a squishy mess as it's where the fat tends to hang on - and I think it's still offended by carrying twins 17 months ago.

I have had some good progress, I do not deny it and am pleased - but my interim shape is more or less frog shaped. :grumble: It is probably why I am more annoyed and impatient than last time I had a lot of weight to lose.

I know I am in it for the long haul, but some days just frustrate me more when I am a bit behind in my laundry and have trouble finding something comfortable to wear! LOL

OK I'm done. Feel free to add to the list of small but annoying things if you like! :laugh:

It's been a long time since my son was 17 months old, but I still remember how overwhelmingly TIRED I felt all the time. I can't even imagine multiplying that by two! Lack of sleep is documented to cause weight gain, so any progress at all is a job well done! Be sure to take a photo or two along the way - better yet, have someone else take the photo from BEHIND. You'll definitely see your loss in a different way (hah!) if you do. I've lost 14 lbs. in 9 weeks, but I'm only aiming for a 20 lb. loss, so it's easier to keep my goal in sight. I have a piece of clothing I want to wear to my son's graduation ceremony on June 19th. That's keeps my eyes on the prize! Good luck - you can do this!