The hints that I'm falling off the wagon

Options
For the last 2 months that I've really committed to this lifestyle change. And I see a lot of great results. One thing that worries me is my anxiety. For the first 3 weeks it had seemed like I had cured it, but obviously was just feeling the brief spike in serotonin from initiating a regular workout routine and suddenly cutting processed foods from my diet.

Anyway, my progress has been steady and I still continue to lose weight right on track, but in the last 3 or 4 days I've been experiencing the symptoms of my anxiety: clenched jaw, constant tapping of my foot, picking at the skin of my hands, etc. Also, I've seen a substantial increase of my fat percentage in my macros. I've just been craving cheese and nuts and peanut butter... Anything with fat, really. I just read an article that said that fats, especially the healthy omega kind, help the body to repair nerve endings that are destroyed when stressed.

Anyway, I guess I'm asking the community to help me see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. I'm feeling like giving into my cravings is just like eating my feelings, even though I'm still under my calorie goal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have! I found that it was more mental for me than anything. What has helped me is really checking in with myself and discovering what is causing the anxiousness and the emotions that are rising up. Take the time to breath though it if that helps. For a long time I didn't know what true hunger felt like because I use to eat whenever I felt anxious. I think sometimes it takes a while to reprogram our body. If you need anything feel free to message me.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anxiety is the worst. When you've got it bad, and had already been in a routine where to fight it you eat (whether or not that really fixes anything - usually no). I understand, and I think it's normal myself. While I haven't been here long (a month), I think the best thing you can do is realize you are doing well, you are still under after all. Congratulate yourself, and perhaps you should incorporate one healthy fatty indulgence (like nuts or peanut butter) per day if you are genuinely worried about the macros. Or possibly spread one serving out over the day. That's what I did, and it helped me when I was craving peanut butter for days on end. I seem to crave it when my anxiety runs high also! You aren't alone.

I know this is probably all common sense but yours really reminded me of my own situation. I hope this helped little!