I need help and advice!!!

Options
Abram86
Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
I've been on my fitness journey for over 16 months and lost 80 pounds or so but the last 3 months or more I've been stuck at around 190 to 195 pounds. I've been low carbing at around 100g a day or less but yet im stuck at 190 on a good morning. Im below my calorie goal the majority of the time yet no weight loss.
I dont know whar else to do. Please help lol

Replies

• Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My guess is that since you lost weight, estimating your calories isn't working as well. When you're big, you have the luxury of a larger deficit so even if the estimations and product labeling are wrong, it's still easy to lose weight. The less you have the lose, the harder it is.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've been on my fitness journey for over 16 months and lost 80 pounds or so but the last 3 months or more I've been stuck at around 190 to 195 pounds. I've been low carbing at around 100g a day or less but yet im stuck at 190 on a good morning. Im below my calorie goal the majority of the time yet no weight loss.
    I dont know whar else to do. Please help lol

At any point during that 80 pound loss did you adjust your calorie intake to reflect your smaller size?
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was atv1900 calories a day average during that time. Now im averaging 1500 to 1700
  • jocemi
    jocemi Posts: 2
    Options
    It sounds like a plateau. I recommend changing your exercise routine and give your body a jolt. This usually can get things back on the right track.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Don't bother low carbing.. eat with recommended macros instead and see how that works out for you.. How accurately do you measure? Do you use a scale to measure food?
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I've also noticed in your diary, you don't seem to meet your caloric goals... Why's that? It's highly important you MEET the amounts you have set
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a plateau. I recommend changing your exercise routine and give your body a jolt. This usually can get things back on the right track.

Plateau = maintenance

changing things up doesn't do anything.

Maitenance is from inaccurate logging. I looked at your diary and it appears you don't use a food scale.
    And as a man you should set your goal no less than 1800....

I agree with the low carbing as well..not necessary
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating enough, if you are logging accurately you are too much below your calorie goal most days. Also your sodium has been frequently high the past month, not just a bit high but sometimes WAY over. If you are exercising you aren't logging it so are you? If you are you should be eating way more than you currently are.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is, if you aren't losing weight you aren't eating at a deficit.

When you get closer to goal, you have to be much more careful about keeping close track of what you eat. i.e you need to weigh/measure everything!

I would recommend getting a digital food scale if you don't have one already, and weigh everything you put in your mouth, unless its liquid, in which case you measure with measuring cups/teaspoons etc.. You would be surprised how things add up. A tablespoon of peanut butter is usually a lot more than 16gm of peanut butter, which is what the calories are based on.

ALso be honest about what you are eating. If you eat a bite of your childs left over dinner for example, you should track it!

Congrats on weight loss so far and good luck!