Fainting... Any experiences???

Options
Last night I took a tumble down our stairs do to a brief blackout, and threw up a few minutes later. It is probably a stomach bug. Has anyone experienced this?? If so how long till u worked out again?

Replies

• wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Maybe you should go to the hospital just in case, to make sure you didnt bump ur head too hard. Better safe than sorry
  • Amber2089
    Options
    I have had a similar experience. It was summer, and very hot, I started feeling woozy, had tunnel vision, then fainted. Went to the doctor and it was due partly to overheating and not enough water, the other was a condition called vaso vagal. means your veins dilate, slowing your blood flow (some might say it pools). If it happened while or after exercising, I would say you may have over heated. Get some rest, have some water and see how you feel in a few days.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    I think the doctor is a good idea..

How is your blood sugar? Are you eating enough?

Are you drinking enough water?

Could you possibly be pregnant?

(These were all reasons for my dizziness/blacking out in the past)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ohh careful with that. And down the stairs you must've freaked some family memebers out. :)
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I fainted once as a result of a particularly nasty cold. I went in to the doc the next day and he said he'd seen a lot of it with that particular virus. I didn't work out again until I felt 100% better. It was a really frightening experience.

I work in a plasma center and have seen a decent number of donor's have vasovagal reactions and/or faint. It's not necessarily a stomach bug. Vomiting can be part of the fainting event. You should go get checked out just to be on the safe side.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your suggestions! To answer some questions, I have been eating enough (probably too much the night before that happened!) I had been getting enough water, and my husband and I are trying to get pregnant, but I took a test the morning and it was negative. i have to go to the doctor this week for my thyroid checkup, so I will probably ask him then. It is probably a bug or something, cause I was still dizzy and naseous yesterday and feel a little better today. Thanks again!