happy new year!

Options
I never set weight loss goals for the new year. I have been trying to do weight watchers since the birth of my daughter at the end of September. But, looking at finances and my lack of time to attend ww meetings, I decided I needed something FREE and with accountability. So, I have asked some friends to join me on my journey and am hopeful that this website is just the ticket I need to get started to getting fit and active again. So, here is my First new year's weight loss resolution; I want to try to lose approximately 1 pound a week until the end of October ( about 40 pounds total).

Replies

• betsygman9
    Options
    I am the same way about setting specific weight loss goals; I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment if I pick a number. But, I know when I don't set goals, I definitely won't attain anything. I'm trying to figure out what a good goal is for me. I like the idea of a 1/2 pd. to a pd. a week, or I like the idea of exercising 3 times a week.

As I start thinking about the New Year and goals, I know I get really excited at the beginning of something, but then lose momentum. Hopefully, we can help each other keep the momentum going when the newness wears off.

My goal is to put my health as a priority- before school and other commitments. To say no when I need to work out and to do what makes me feel healthy.

Here's to a new year and to positive changes!
  • joycechastity2
    Options
    I hate scale numbers. I aways fail. I am going to try setting exercise goals and just watch what I eat. I get so discouraged when I work really hard and the scale shows not fruits to my labor.

Best of luck to you!!!!
  • mummyderbe
    Options
    hi there all im new to this site,i was on weight watchers for a long time,then had to stop for a while,i went from 19stone 6lb to 12stone 3lb.ive put a stone on since and want to go back and get to goal,but getting worried now as its all changed help!!