Calling all successful ladies! Huge year, need your help!

Options
Hi everyone! For once in my life I have to get super serious about my weight loss. It has steadily piled on over the last 15 years and 3 children (and a failed 18 yr marriage), but.........

I have found a wonderful guy who takes me as I am, but I want to be MORE (errr. actually LESS) for myself, which would also be a wonderful gift for him for our wedding! We have been engaged since 5/09 and set our wedding date for 11/11/11 which has snuck up on me too fast! Now that I'm starting to plan the particulars of the wedding (which we decided on to be in Hawaii) I want to look great in a bikini!!!!

All of my previous attempts included taking this pill or trying that 500 calorie fad diet... no more... doesn't work for me. Either can't stick to it for long or the pills quit working after 10lbs or so. So I am reaching out for guidance. I started following a 1500 calorie diet on 12/31 and haven't had a problem sticking to it. I am committed to exercising 5 days a week of which my first day is tomorrow. I need to lose 80-100 lbs safely.

Thank you for taking time to read and reach out.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Go to the Success Stories section in the community and read the stories of people who have lost over 100 pounds in a year.

It can be done, and you have a terrific reason to do it! Good luck, and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We are all here for you!! This site is awesome and the people on here are great at motivating and supporting you!! Good luck!! I will send you a friend request so we can help each other!!
  • gapeach22
    gapeach22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there I'm new too this as well and I just wanted to say goodluck. I believe if we all follow the program and exercise I don't believe we will fail. We are all here for the same reasons and this time we are gonna make it.:flowerforyou:
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dont go for the fad diets. The truth is limit your calories, and exercise...really thats all there is to it.

Ive done all the fad diets myself, they dont work. Just take it day by day. We are all here for ya.
  • Flell
    Flell Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi

I need to lose about 100 lbs too. I got married 4 years ago about 50lbs lighter than now but still overweight. I wish, wish, wish I had been slimmer for my wedding but just couldn't get there at the time. Now have lovely 3 year old who runs rings around me already and don't want to be fat mum at the gates when he starts school next year.

I'm happy for you that you have found a lovely man to marry but do it for yourself. I really wish I had.

Lots of love and luck
    xxxxxx
  • marthapopson
    Options
    Hi all, After some time away from myfitnesspal, mostly used on my iPod touch, I'm back. Now I can't find where it shows daily amounts of each nutrient, salt, etc. consumed/remaining. Where did it go or was I dreaming? Thanks so much! marthapopson
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on your upcoming wedding and for putting your health at the top of the priority list. You will be smokin' hot by 11/11/11 if you stick with MFP! Here is to your successful journey! :drinker:
  • heaveniii
    Options
    You can do it! Go to the Success Stories section in the community and read the stories of people who have lost over 100 pounds in a year.

It can be done, and you have a terrific reason to do it! Good luck, and welcome:flowerforyou:

Thank you for the encouragement and flower! Yes, I have been browsing the section and there is definitely alot inspiration to draw from there. And of course, from members like you who help keep spirits up in between!
  • heaveniii
    Options
    We are all here for you!! This site is awesome and the people on here are great at motivating and supporting you!! Good luck!! I will send you a friend request so we can help each other!!

Thank you so much! Friend Request on its way!!!!!!
  • heaveniii
    Options
    Hello there I'm new too this as well and I just wanted to say goodluck. I believe if we all follow the program and exercise I don't believe we will fail. We are all here for the same reasons and this time we are gonna make it.:flowerforyou:

I'm with you! Let's keep in touch!
  • heaveniii
    Options
    Dont go for the fad diets. The truth is limit your calories, and exercise...really thats all there is to it.

Ive done all the fad diets myself, they dont work. Just take it day by day. We are all here for ya.

Thank you! Yes, the for sure don't work. Unfortunately, learned the hard way. Thanks for the assist and hope to check in daily!
  • heaveniii
    Options
    Hi

I need to lose about 100 lbs too. I got married 4 years ago about 50lbs lighter than now but still overweight. I wish, wish, wish I had been slimmer for my wedding but just couldn't get there at the time. Now have lovely 3 year old who runs rings around me already and don't want to be fat mum at the gates when he starts school next year.

I'm happy for you that you have found a lovely man to marry but do it for yourself. I really wish I had.

Lots of love and luck
    xxxxxx

I think it would be the best gift I could give him, as he is in shape, but willing to accept me as me. The best give I could give him is that I love him enough to love myself as much. Does that make any sense? lol
  • heaveniii
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on your upcoming wedding and for putting your health at the top of the priority list. You will be smokin' hot by 11/11/11 if you stick with MFP! Here is to your successful journey! :drinker:

Ok, I just need to put you in my pocket so you can whisper these sweet nothings all during my workouts! :laugh:
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!!! That's a pretty awesome wedding date! Say I Do at 11:11:11am :D

I sent you a friend request with a message!
  • heaveniii
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!!! That's a pretty awesome wedding date! Say I Do at 11:11:11am :D

I sent you a friend request with a message!

Thanks for the gratz! That is a tempting thought about the time. LOL I'll have to mention it to my fiance!
  • lynnekscott
    Options
    Congratulationson your engagment and the commitment to do something- I think it's a big step closer to achieving your dream weight. Its so nice as well to read everybodys encouraging messages (I have only just joined MFP as I need a huge kick up my growing butt to get my weight under cotrol but never fancied standing in a room with a lot of people getting weighed and feeling embarrased!)

Good luck with the weight loss and your wedding x
  • chrissic
    chrissic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am just starting out as well.... have equipment in my garage and I do know how to eat.... just less now. It is a commitment so heres to you for sticking with it!!
  • Goober21
    Options
    I'm so happy for you and your guy (i bet) is a very lucky guy. :) stick to it and i bet you see great results and your soon to be husband will love you in that bikini. hahaha
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    You've definately come to the right place, you can do this! Good luck to you and congralulations on your engagement.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    Hi all, After some time away from myfitnesspal, mostly used on my iPod touch, I'm back. Now I can't find where it shows daily amounts of each nutrient, salt, etc. consumed/remaining. Where did it go or was I dreaming? Thanks so much! marthapopson
    Check out the Food Diary. You can personalize your settings to track carbs, protein, sodium, fat, etc. Welcome back!