Food Allergies and Weight Gain

Options
Has anybody heard of food allergies causing weight gain or water retention? I have been working out like crazy and eating healthy for 5 months. It turns out that I'm allergic to eggs, cantaloupe, carrots, potatoes, corn, and oranges. When I eat healthy and workout I gain weight, when I eat junk food and not fruits and veggies, I lose weight. Any idea if this has to do with my newly discovered food allergies? I have to cut them out of my diet, so I guess I'll see if there are any results in a couple days anyway....

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Eating "healthy" has little to do with it if in the end you are at a deficit. Do you always count all your calories? (Weight everything and log it all, regardless of how "good" you are eating)
  • Jordanrae1992
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Eating "healthy" has little to do with it if in the end you are at a deficit. Do you always count all your calories? (Weight everything and log it all, regardless of how "good" you are eating)

Yes, 1700 calories in everyday and I burn about 300 at the gym doing weights and cardio. I've been eating a lot of food that I'm allergic to and just wondered if anybody knew about food allergies causing weight gain.