I'm back! Looking for RUNNERS...

JENNIENS
JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
Hello I'm Jennie. Mommy of 5. This past Feb at Disney i ran in my very first 5k and 10K a day apart.... Well I decided it's time to get focused again and decided i want to run in the Glass slipper challenge in FEB 2015. it's 19.3 miles over two days! 10k then the next day 1/2 marathon... I'm NOT a runner but i'm trying to be! Just need help keeping the motivation going cause i don't want to get injured during my races! . If you would like to be my friend just send a request! Thank you! :)

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I used to run, I completed (most of) Couch to 5k. Then I stopped. Now I think I'll get back into it, but I don't see myself running marathons. I just want to be in shape enough to be able to run a mile like I used to (It wasn't easy)!
  • Kim24S
    Kim24S Posts: 22
    I like to think of myself as a runner, but truth be told, I suck at it. It's a learning process of where your aches and pains are, how to stretch, and especially how to breathe. Slowly but surely I will run more but I have to work myself and push harder to just make it one more block of straight running before I take a breather. I've read tips and secrets from fellow runners, and follow a bunch of people on Twitter and Facebook for motivation. I want to do 5K, 10K, 1/2 and full marathons. I just don't know what my goal should be or how to focus and learn.
  • zilzil123
    zilzil123 Posts: 95
    I too was an ex runner and striving to get back into it. not just to jog around, I want to run efficiently!
  • DaniWhis
    DaniWhis Posts: 27 Member
    Hi there!

I am new to running and am just starting to enjoy it. It's always been daunting. Props to you guys for those distances. I ran my first few 5ks last year and am training for my first 10k in September. Nervous!

Just saying I sympathize! :)
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    STILL LOOKING FOR MORE RUNNERS! THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES LADIES!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    I'm a new runner! I just started a few weeks ago. I'm learning all I can about it! Feel free to friend me but I don't know alot I'm just getting started!
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    I run a few times a week, I'm currently doing 10k races but may well be moving up to half marathons for next year :) you can add me but I am in the UK x
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    <
    a runner :glasses:
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Hey, feel free to add me! I'm a runner, currently 32 days into a challenge to run 5km every day for 50 days. Had to walk/cross-train the last two days though as I have hurt my leg. Gonna try a slow jog after work tonight!
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    I would class myself as a fun runner! I don't do it to win races but to keep fit and enjoy it. I have taken part in 5k,10k and a half marathon but fractured my ankle in January so only just back to training.
    Best advise I can give you is to introduce interval running, it works much better at increasing your fitness and stamina that just running at a steady pace. If you can run 3 times per week do 2 steady runs and 1 session of intervals, by intervals I mean steady jog for 30-60 secs, fast pace for 30-60 secs, jog for 30-60 secs. Try and increase the time on the fast pace each week and decrease the recovery time, you only need to do about 30 mins of intervals to make a difference.

Another tip is listen to your body, don't over do it and make sure you stretch well, I had sessions with running coach before my half and he made such a difference and got me through it injury free.

Hope that helps.
  • niko919
    niko919 Posts: 551
    I did my first event March 2013, 70 story stair climb and I got hooked on collecting bibs, medals and t-shirts. To date I've done 5K's, 10K's and Mud Runs, 22 events so far. I am by no means fast, 10 min mile on average. Last year my 11yr old daughter started running with me and this year my 8yr old son is get into it. I've registered for my first Half at the end of summer, so its time to get serious. So ANYONE feel free to add me, I LOVE to talk about running!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    I'm a runner... Friend me if you would like to...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I am a runner. I've run a ton of 5Ks a few 10Ks, some obstacle races, a half marathon and I'm currently training for a marathon.

I started running because it was the most calorie burn over time that I could find and I actually FELL IN LOVE with running. I no longer run for the cardio, or the calorie burn, but rather for the love of the run.

Oh and maybe for the beer, but there are about as many days I run and don't have beer as I do.

Feel free to friend me...
  • brianlsummers
    brianlsummers Posts: 7 Member
    I started running again about a year ago. Fee free to add me and any other runners can friend request me too, always looking for new friends.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Runner here! I just started 6 weeks ago and am loving it. Feel free to add! :smile:
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Always looking for new running friends; feel free to add me! I have been running for about a year. My pace is a solid 9:30 m/mile, and I average about 20 miles a week, running at least 5 of my 6 workout days. I run for the love of running, but am also committed to one 5K/month through October, and training to complete a 10K in/by November. I'm a daily logger, too, with an open (to friends) diary.
  • katwinfree
    katwinfree Posts: 76 Member
    I am a runner. Will be doing my second half this Nov and my goal is to qualify for Boston in the next four years. I run 3 miles 4-5 days a week and 6 miles on the weekend. Feel free to friend me.
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Hello! I'm back again too! Mostly to stay motivated and inspired. I am a runner and a crossfit junkie! Feel free to reach out for support. I'm running my first half-marathon next Saturday in Fargo, ND.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    I want to be a runner, does that count? I started the c25k :bigsmile:
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    I've done an ultra marathon, five marathons and a half in the last 18 months so I guess that makes me a runner :)