Loose/Saggy skin on lower belly

Options
So, I had my son 2 years ago via c section & was over weight when I got pregnant (174). I only gained 30lbs but my belly got massive and nothing else grew. 8 weeks post partum I was back at 174. Now, 2 years later, I have lost an additional 40lbs. I do lots of cardio but also lift weights and do body weight exercises almost daily. So even at 136, the skin around my belly button and under is so loose, wrinkled and yucky :/ I have a flat stomache but it looks gross. Any suggestions on how to tighten that? I know drinking water, which I do. I know lift weights/add muscle, whcih I do. Tried many creams/lotions/baths/wraps. No luck far. Jamaica in 3 months and I would love to get it tightened up at least some.

Replies

• beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Curious to see answers to this. I haven't had a baby but have lost about 40 pounds and have a bit of a problem with this too. I hope some others can offer solutions.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If it is truly loose skin, a tummy tuck is the only way to get rid of it.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    if it hasnt it wont! Sorry to tell you this. Ive had 3 kids and Im 42. Tightened some but I have lots of loose skin that drapes. Doesnt hang just drapes. You could try planks some of the women on here swear by them. Ive done them and still have loose skin. I also weight lift and all.

Oh and my youngest is going on 11. So its been awhile.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options

This. Since it is around your belly button it's most likely extra skin and surgery is the only way to make it go away. I weighed 198 pounds when I got pregnant and gained 60 with each. I pull the extra skin tight and use Bikini Bite (special glue) to keep the skin tucked in my swimming suit.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well crap. I've been holding out hope that the loose, flappy skin down there would go away if I got fit enough. Damn it! Totally looked up Bikini Bite... may be getting myself some of that. Maybe a tummy tuck once I"ve been at goal for a while...

ET Test ****
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    my kids are 24 and 23, and the loose skin, while it is flatter due to my tummy being much tighter now muscle wise, is still there. Docs have told me the only cure is a tummy tuck, unfortunately.
  • anngroschup
    anngroschup Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have heard and figured tummy tuck was the only answer but it never hurts to ask additional resources :/ With the weightloss, I lost the small amount of boobs I had too so maybe in a couple years I can just get a double whammy at the surgeons office lol. Thanks for the input ladies, maybe someday someone will come up with a better solution and we'll all be in luck ;)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    You could try Dermaroller, skin brushing and homemade belly wraps (Prep H and Icy Hot with saran wrap). I've noticed my stretch marks are looking more faint with the Dermaroller and skin brushing. I don't think they are miracle workers, but over the last year my skin has improved slowly. Time could help tighten it up as well. The longer you stay lean the more your skin may tighten.
  • RockyTangs
    RockyTangs Posts: 4
    Options
    Surgery is the only way to get rid of stretched skin. I have the same thing and no pill, cream or workout will tighten a loose baby belly.

Sorry!:ohwell:
  • anngroschup
    Options
    I know we're supposed to be proud of our mommy scars but dang lol, you do all this hard work and still can't be happy! I'm 5lbs shy of what I weighed 10 years ago right out of high school and that very much makes me proud but now I have all this extra crap that you can't exercise away like loose skin and cellulite- nice. At least I look good when I'm dressed lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    THIS. Loose skin is a result of over stretching the tissue. If it hasn't retracted by now, it's not going to. Acceptance or surgery are you options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Everything I have read says tummy tuck... I was reading about some laser lipo that might help. I figure, once I lose my 80 lbs, I will make an appointment and go talk to a Dr. It is what it is. I have had two c-sections, too. I *did* read somewhere that getting to a low body fat % can help the skin cling to muscle.... but... I don't imagine I will get THAT low or want to stay low enough for that to happen.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Honey, I hear you! I have the same, two years from having my son and no changes.....just hoping that I can convince hubby that a tummy tuck is a financial priority!
  • anngroschup
    Options
    pretty sure if I get that low I'll look like I'm dying lol. Im already 18-19%, I know I can go lower but dont wanna be too skinny. Gemma, That's gonna be my goal over the next couple years, convince my husband lol. However, after the not so pleaseant experience of a c section, Im terrified of a tummy tuck :( I've seen the cuts & scars and they scare me to death, just to think of that pain!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I know we're supposed to be proud of our mommy scars but dang lol, you do all this hard work and still can't be happy! I'm 5lbs shy of what I weighed 10 years ago right out of high school and that very much makes me proud but now I have all this extra crap that you can't exercise away like loose skin and cellulite- nice. At least I look good when I'm dressed lol

I know right?!?! Ugh.. it is all that I have left that I hate. :sad:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    pretty sure if I get that low I'll look like I'm dying lol. Im already 18-19%, I know I can go lower but dont wanna be too skinny. Gemma, That's gonna be my goal over the next couple years, convince my husband lol. However, after the not so pleaseant experience of a c section, Im terrified of a tummy tuck :( I've seen the cuts & scars and they scare me to death, just to think of that pain!

My first c-section was just awful! OMG - the pain. So I hear ya on the being terrified of a tummy tuck! I was reading they can do "mini" tummy tucks, which fix the c-section area, but do not go all around on the sides like a full tummy tuck. That sounds a little less scary to me.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I had 12.5 lbs of twin girls at the age of 38, then a 10 lb son a year later...my tummy will never recover! My hubby is not keen on surgery for anything, so this would not go over well, but I may push for it for my 50th bday. We'll see!
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have the dreaded baby flab that hangs as well, I have 3 children and it was after my 3rd and last and only boy that I got it really bad, though I am still in the process of losing weight and still have a bit to go so hopefully it will get a bit smaller with the weight loss and getting toner. But yep tummy tuck is the only way to fix that. I better start saving because between my tummy, arms and boobs it'll be a fortune for surgery lol
  • anngroschup
    Options
    Lol, me too!! I'm holding out for the "mommy makeover" and just get it all done at once!! Dang husband wants another kid and Im finally thin again and ready to stay this way and get some work done!! Surgery scares me but if I can grow a big baby and have my belly sliced open so they can pull him out, then I suppose and get through whatever I need so that I can be 100% happy with my body!