I'm new looking for some motivation

Options
Ginaxx22
Ginaxx22 Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I'm new looking for some friends and motivation!!!

I did Weight watchers a year and a half ago and I failed due to uni stress. I left the meeting and ended up not going back. Now I have a job I am hoping I have more time to concentrate on something but heard about my fitness pal from a friend so thought I'd save money :)

Exercise is not my strongest point but I try my best. As long as I can regulate my food I will be able to loose weight gradually.

I work 4 hours/16 hours a week so have loads of time to spare. I just turned 22 and love walking the dog and do try to go to the gym at least once a week. I do love food but am trying to reduce the need for sugar! I often get bored at home sitting around. Having few friends, I don't have a lot to keep me busy.

So this is a goal I can set myself, to achieve something.

Replies

• kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    youre welcome to add me :)
  • janelovesnyc
    janelovesnyc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm new too. I know how hard it is when you're home and tempted to eat just out of boredom. For me that's been one of the hardest habits to break! If you don't like working out then you definitely have to be careful with what you eat. They say losing weight is 70% diet and 30% activity so make sure you make that diet count! :D
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

I did Weight watchers a year and a half ago and I failed due to uni stress. I left the meeting and ended up not going back. Now I have a job I am hoping I have more time to concentrate on something but heard about my fitness pal from a friend so thought I'd save money :)

Exercise is not my strongest point but I try my best. As long as I can regulate my food I will be able to loose weight gradually.

I work 4 hours/16 hours a week so have loads of time to spare. I just turned 22 and love walking the dog and do try to go to the gym at least once a week. I do love food but am trying to reduce the need for sugar! I often get bored at home sitting around. Having few friends, I don't have a lot to keep me busy.

Take a picture of yourself NAKED. Look at it
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    welcome :) add me!
  • Francesca3232
    Francesca3232 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I'm just getting started too (after a few weeks of exam stress). I'm 23, and I'm trying to lose 20lbs/improve my fitness :smile:
  • crazypete101
    Options
    Run from Zombies!
    (https://www.zombiesrungame.com/)

It's a great app that pretty much gives you an audiobook to listen to as you walk/ jog/ run. It got me eager to exercise - which is impressive! Jut got me "running" 6km non-stop!

Also what has cut down on my snacking is linking how much I'm going to have to run to burn of that chocolate bar. All of a sudden it's not worth it (ok, some days it is!)
  • Helsbells123
    Options
    jane....

How did you manage to break it? I cant seem to stop myself eating when I'm bored even when I try to distract myself and that is the main reason why I am overweight (well that and my recently diagnosed under active thyroid!)
  • janelovesnyc
    Options
    How did you manage to break it? I cant seem to stop myself eating when I'm bored even when I try to distract myself and that is the main reason why I am overweight (well that and my recently diagnosed under active thyroid!)

I got a little lucky because I started a new job where I'm constantly very busy so there's actually little time to think about snacking but I do keep gum at my desk to have when I'm craving something sweet. When I was home I would make myself do a work out video before going for a snack and distract myself with different junk on the internet to stop thinking about what I had in my food pantry downstairs :)
  • Helsbells123
    Options
    yes that what i try to do but Im thinking about food the whole time I run and then the whole time Im working and the whole time Im doing other stuff...perhaps I have a problem!! I think it will help alot to log everything and hear from other people though :) it is very motivating.
  • doinitforme3
    Options
    Welcome! Add me, Im new too! Not giving up on this is my first goal!
  • janelovesnyc
    Options
    yes that what i try to do but Im thinking about food the whole time I run and then the whole time Im working and the whole time Im doing other stuff...perhaps I have a problem!! I think it will help alot to log everything and hear from other people though :) it is very motivating.
    Yea that happened to me - once I started logging everything and seeing how everything added up it became easier to say NO to rando snacks. I live for every day the progress report that says "if every day were like this you'd weigh X lbs in five weeks!" I love to see that number go down!! :D
  • Helsbells123
    Options
    Well today is the first day in a long time that I have logged what I'm actually eating and, cripes, it's a lot! Even though I thought I had a healthy salad for lunch, it ended up being well over 400 cal cos of olive oil and some seeds. It has made me think a bit more already so that's good. We shall see how the weekend goes....
  • gryder2010
    gryder2010 Posts: 4
    Options
    I NEED MOTIVATION TO!! 30 year old mom of 4 kids. Ready for a change.
  • gryder2010
    gryder2010 Posts: 4
    Options

Take a picture of yourself NAKED. Look at it

That's what I did, well not naked. I took a " selfie " and did not like how full my face looked at all! It was time for a change.