lazydanthaman
lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
Im-not-even-sorry.gif

Discuss

Replies

• bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I can't see the image... it is a black X... so not sure what we are discussing besides "rubbernecking..." I am indifferent to it, people do it for different reasons and it is not always objectifying the person at whom they are looking.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm just tryin to learn how to do a specific workout - nothing more - really... :blushing:
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Its impossible not to in my building.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MFP makes me feel like I'm the only one at the gym that just goes there to work out. I'm oblivious to others 99% of the time. I do my stuff and get out.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. This is the only rubbernecking going on when I'm in the gym:

rubbernecking.jpg
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I may look around at the lifting vets just to get some pointers on my form but otherwise I don't notice other people and they usually don't notice me unless I'm dumping the weights or doing the roll of shame.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I watch the guys at the free weights in order to pick stuff up. They don't seem to mind. They get all "yo, look at me flex."
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My trainer thinks it's fun to yell at people when they ogle her clients doing squats.
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't notice much at my gym, but at roller derby practice we are all over eachother so it is hard not to be checking people out, lol. I hear the term 'dat *kitten*' more with a bunch of girl than a group of guys.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I can say I'm not guilty, my office building had a full gym in it, I'm the only one in there in the morning. Thats weird if I rubberneck myself!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Why people get all bent out of shape when somebody is checking them out, is beyond me. It's a complement, take it as one, unless they start to make rude remarks get over it! Does mother nature get pissed when you're checking her out? Is she all like “B!tch what are you looking at!” If you're getting checked out it means you're doing something right, be proud of what you got and others appreciate it.
    Whatever, I'm out!
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Why people get all bent out of shape when somebody is checking them out, is beyond me. It's a complement, take it as one, unless they start to make rude remarks get over it! Does mother nature get pissed when you're checking her out? Is she all like “B!tch what are you looking at!” If you're getting checked out it means you're doing something right, be proud of what you got and others appreciate it.
    Whatever, I'm out!

This too ^^
  • shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    I work out at home, and go to a community gym in my Co-op, its all older women mainly so nope not happening. :-)
  • InspiredFitnessChick
    Options
    Whatever, I'm out!

Agreed! They should be proud their accomplishments are being noticed.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mlsrcx4w3f1qzreado2_400.gif
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm a starer. So it truly looks like I'm checking people out. What I'm really thinking is "I pick things up. I put things down." And yes, I do it in an accent in my head.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I don't usually pay attention to other people. Sometimes I'll notice if they're sprinting by on the track super fast (and then I may discreetly time them out of curiousity) or if they're doing some awesome exercise (how could I not watch the guy doing handstand pushups?!) :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    My previous gym fo sho...

My current gym is primarily dudes and usually there are only 3 or 4 of us there at any given time. There are a couple of ladies who come in and they're pretty bad *kitten* MMA fighter chicks and I don't want to get my *kitten* kicked so....
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to people watch at the gym while I'm exercising.

I try to be covert and go all ninja, but....

If you catch me staring....well... :flowerforyou: ... You are fascinating to me. I promise it is a compliment.

...OR you are doing something really weird...

like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYLT5XrWyc