Two year anniversary pics

Options
elid
elid Posts: 209 Member
Since Jan 2, 2009, I've pretty much been following the MFP guidelines (counting/budgeting calories, exercising, lots of water, etc.). I was just using a little notebook journal and adding it up that way, rather than calculating online.

Well, in December I found the MFP app for my iPhone, and it's amazing how much easier it's been keeping track of everything! Not to mention, I've been following the community for the past month or so, and it's really inspiring seeing everyone's stories. So on my two-year "lifestyle change" anniversary, I thought I'd share my own, since the success story board is my favorite.

In 2009, I was 290lbs. My new year's resolution was to "get healthy". To do so, I completely overhauled my diet/exercise, in addition to going to the doctor. I found out I had hypothyroid, but have since gotten that under control with a doctor's help and medication. I also bought and started using a stationary exercise bike every day, starting at 10 minutes per day and adding one more minute every Saturday.

I lost about 70lbs in 2009, and about 39 in 2010. Right now I'm at 181lbs, and hope to get to 160 by the end of 2011. I have since sold my stationary bike, but I replaced it with a real bike that I ride to work every day (about 55 minutes round trip).

So I may be new to MFP, but I'm not new to the idea of budgeting calories and exercise. And I can say that this method has really worked well for me! I don't ever feel deprived, and I feel like this is something I could continue for the rest of my life. (And I probably should, because I've found that when I don't pay close attention to what I'm eating, I tend to eat mindlessly with disastrous results.)

So, here are a couple before/afters. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to take any full body pics when I started. If I could do anything over, that's what it would be!

before.jpg
Before (Oct 2008)

after.jpg
After... man I look tired in this one! (Jan 2011)

Replies

• momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!! :)
  • mireisen
    Options
    That's one great transformation! It's truly inspiring.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow! awesome transformation! :) congrats. I agree, using mfp makes it so much easier..just wish they made a blackberry app!
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    You look a totally different person! Well done and you should be soooo proud of what you have achieved! You are an inspiration to us all.

:o)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job! You are such an inspiration!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    wow! you look great! i'm always so impressed with weight loss like yours. thanks for posting your pics!
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!!! Your haircut is super cute BTW... :flowerforyou:
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story! You look wonderful!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep up the great work!
  • Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this, it's pretty inspiring. You look amazing!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Fabulous - congratulations on all of your success and thanks for the motivation!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look absolutely great!
  • ajdj1979
    ajdj1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    amazing results! you should be so proud of yourself!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING! What a transformation! Does anyone you haven't seen in a while ever come up to you and ask "do I know you?" Cuz you look nothing like what you used to. lol
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    wow you look great :D
    well done - you must be so proud of yourself!!!
  • terrificTerri
    Options
    You are truly inspiring and you made it sound easy and managable...within everyone's reach...Thank You for posting your story, you do look very nice and healthy now...what a difference between your two photos.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Very inspiring and what a cute picture!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!