Dance Central Calories

Options
I'm curious of what to log Dance Central (it's the dancing Kinect game on the Xbox360) as...should I just log dancing? I used to play a lot of Dance Dance Revolution too but that's not really dancing...so I logged it as jump-roping.

Replies

• Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What kind of dancing is it? Would it be almost the same as wii dancing?
  • mireisen
    Options
    I think this kind of explains it. It utilizes whole body motions (which the Wii requires that you wave the remote).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ohhhh!!! that looks soooo fun!! The wii has a game called just dance and very similar to that. I do the WHOLE dance and movement. lol. i would claim that as aerobic dance with steps. Especially is this dancing makes your heart rate get going and sweat:~)
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to do either, but there is a weight loss option on the game and you can enter your weight and it will track your estimated calories burnt. Even if you did it a couple times on your own to average out the number of calories per song you burn you can guesstimate a little better when you are playing with others! I'm excited to get my body media to tell me what I burn when I do it!
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just figured it out! I just logged in dance central calories! All you have to do when you are logging in your calories on the exersice part of MFP is CREATE A NEW EXERCISE. Then you can name it and put your time and calories on there. Also, don't forget that the game tells you how many calories you burn for each song/dance(and i found out that it DOES include the practice rounds:-)!). I just write them all down, then add them up at the end.

Good Luck!

Venita