Support on my second go 'round

Options
WanderingMe
WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
Hi all!

I have been a member of mfp for a while now. Last winter/spring I lost almost 100lbs from my heaviest weight while my husband was deployed. When he came back I dived back into old habits and now more than half that weight has returned. I had an awesome support system at that time, but they all have either achieved their goals, or fallen off the bandwagon, so I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated!

Anyway, a little about me: I make jewelry for a living, and its awesome to be able to work doing something creative. Im from Seattle, but live in Virginia for now. I spend most of my extra time and money travelling, and for being 25, I've seen an impressive amount of the world. I'm a giant nerd, love anything fantasy or sci-fi and I play the guitar (somewhat poorly these days.)

Please add me if you're looking for support. Today is my 40 day streak for logging, and I reset my ticker, so I dont think Im going anywhere anytime soon!

Replies

• mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Added! 40 days, that's great. The support here is fantastic.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Im looking forward to the journey!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Try and get it out of your head that this is a "journey." I know it's hard, the media really love that term. To me, a journey implies and end point. A point at which you stop. Do you plan on stopping? Will you change things about what you eat and how you live your life, just to hit a certain weight? What then? Do you go back to the old habits that got you heavy in the first place? I'm guessing you don't want to do that.

You've probably heard "lifestyle change" before, and this truly is what I believe in. If you want the excess weight to go away and stay, all the old stuff you were doing isn't going to do. You already know this. Make meaningful, lasting changes. Healthy meals, occasional treats, regular exercise, all the things that are a part of a healthy lifestle, will become habit and just a part of what makes you...you.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat. Lost 94 pounds and then between a bad boyfriend, hypothyroidism, and back surgery I basically didn't do anything for a year and gained 35 back. My original goal was to lose 120, and I was so close. Now I'm back to finish what I started. I had to hang up my running shoes while I recover, but now I have a place to swim laps instead and a better man that's on my band wagon.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm on day 4 of my personal challenge to lose 20 pounds before the end of June. I'm in it to win it!
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a similar situation. Maybe we can help each other out.

I fluctuate about 30 lbs depending on the weather and my personal situations. I got a desk job about 8 years ago and that was the main influence from gain. I then got control of myself, lost weight and then got hooked up with my, now, wife and we developed bad eating habits together. I gained. Then I got control of myself. Then I became active (politically,) developed some health issues (brain tumor and epilepsy,) worked long hours at my day job, bought a house (and all the repairs that go with a fixer-upper,) became a community organizer, got engaged, helped plan our wedding, when back to school for a 2nd designation... I gained.

Whew! The dust has settled a little. I'm getting back into control of my body. Time to diet. time to exercise. Hopefully, I won't be so distracted and will stay the course.

I have more motivation now. I am a family-man. I have health issues (high blood pressure and low testosterone brought on by my brain tumor.) I need to be slimmer and I need to keep up a strong heart.

I will need to keep up my motivation. Especially through the summer. In AZ, with high temperatures, I lose motivation to exercise. I even lose motivation to cook because I don't want to be around all the heat.

Hopefully this site, its community, this thread etc. will help with our motivations.

Please add me if you would like a motivation partner! :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am back, too, Friend :) Let's stop this yo yo coaster and get healthy once and stay that way...I lost a good amount, though not 100 lbs...closer to 63, and gained back 25-30 of that...yep...im a bad girl, but today is a new day and time to get back at it. Yesterday was actually my first day back.

My goals are:
    Lose 36 lbs in 127 days...that is 18 weeks and at 2lbs a week is very doable. Now I just have to do it!! Day 127 is our marching band first performance and I am on pit crew, thus that is my goal date...gotta get stronger, too, so I can push and pull and walk/run our kids around to practice and perform!! Here we go!!

Welcome back to you and me!!
    :wink:
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Way to go Bobbi. I'm rooting for you! :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    thanks Brando!! I am here for you too!! Go get em!!