Eason's Plan Help?

Options
Hi friends! I am starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer today which uses weights and your own body weight for exercises. I started at the beginner stage and am registered on her website <bodybuilding.com>.
Some background knowledge on me: I LOVE cardio and have never cared for weights, I eat about 50 grams of protein per day, and I am 5'3" 123 lbs. and a 21 year old female.
Can I incorporate cardio into my workouts that are only strength?
How many calories should I be eating?

Replies

• brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is a great program! I am on mybodyspace - cinglis85. I am doing the Erin Stern plan, but have two people I know on Jamie Easons plan.

From my understanding added cardio doesnt hurt anything! I add it to my workouts because I am in a phase where I want to burn additional fat!

For your calories, you should figure out your TDEE and go from there. What are your goals?
  • teacher_transformation
    Options
    Thanks for responding! My goal is to lose body fat, I am at about 25% now and I want to get down to about 19-20%.
  • LeticiaP268
    LeticiaP268 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the LF, I've gotten all the way to the second level, had to quit because I hurt my knee. That's when they are start to bring back cardio. But I am not sure what you mean by cardio that are only strength.

How many calories you should eat is depending on your daily activity if you check out the bb.com calculators (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut/tools.html) it will help you find out your daily requirements.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Loss of body fat is due more to calorie deficit than exercise. You can't out exercise a bad diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on week 9. I'd work out your TDEE and go with that for diet, aim to get 1 gram protein for every lb of bodyweight, if you're unsure of your bf%.

The reason why there is no cardio in stage 1 is because is that stage focuses on building muscle and generally easing yourself into the program. if you want to do the plan correctly you should eat maintenance calories in stage 1, You then cut in stage 2/3.

Jamie specifies this all on the guide. She offers a food plan and some recipes as well, I think you need to go back to the programme and read it all to be honest.
  • teacher_transformation
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice! The bodybuilding website is great, but it is so much material and so overwhelming I get bogged down, because this is NEW to me. Haha!