PB cookies with walden farms?

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
Has anyone tried making pb cookies with walden farms no cal peanut butter? I've tasted the stuff plain and really don't like it, but thought it may be good with baking. If you have, could you supply a low calorie recipe :laugh: Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a NO calorie peanut butter, nor do I have any idea how they can make such a thing. I don't even want to know what they have to put in it to make it NO calorie..wow!

Good Luck though,
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    It's actually not that bad for you. Have you never heard of walden farms products?

www.waldenfarms.com

I use a lot of there products. I just used the bbq sauce to make shredded bbq pork yesterday and use the salad dressings and fruit dips a lot. Check it out.

To each their own, but, I get to enjoy lossa stuff with no calories :love:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    actually their products contain calories, it's just a FDA rule that if calories for one serving <5, then they can call it zero. Something to consider if you are gonna eat a bunch of this "food"

I also have read a WHOLE bunch of reviews that say the foods are GROSS.

I haven't tried, but.......if it sounds too good to be true........

just eat real foods, folks. peanut butter is not your enemy. artificial flavoring, and chemical ingredients are not your friend.

and for god's sake don't put any cool-whip on it!
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    I'm fully aware how the "no calories" rule works. It's not like I eat tons of it at a time. I actually don't really like real peanut butter that well, so I was looking for a substitue.

And, I agree, some of their products are gross, but, most of them I like.

The BBQ sauce is good. The peanut butter, eh. Alfredo sauce is good, spaghetti sauce is Ok. I've tried most of their stuff... anyway.

I really don't care about the "added ingredients". Ya know, with all of the stuff in today's society, that is really the least of my worries. Like I said, it's not like I eat it everyday, and when I do, it's not like I eat tons of it at a time....

And what's with the cool whip comment?
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was in the dark not to long ago too about the cool whip frenzy. Apparently someone posted the ingredients for Cool Whip and there is one ingredient that is also in condom lube. LOL

And I have never heard of Walden Farms. I was amazed that they could take the calories out of anything. Even my SF gum has a couple. LOL

I say to each his own. Anything is okay in moderation in my opinion. :-D
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    I was in the dark not to long ago too about the cool whip frenzy. Apparently someone posted the ingredients for Cool Whip and there is one ingredient that is also in condom lube. LOL

And I have never heard of Walden Farms. I was amazed that they could take the calories out of anything. Even my SF gum has a couple. LOL

I say to each his own. Anything is okay in moderation in my opinion. :-D

*pukes in mouth a little* :embarassed:
    No clue about the cool whip thing. Not gonna lie, I will probably still eat it. haha.

I'll just buy the kroger brand :wink: LOL

And, it does have a few calories (walden farms). Although it says zero, if you eat more than one serving it adds up... common sense stuff though lol.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm fully aware how the "no calories" rule works. It's not like I eat tons of it at a time. I actually don't really like real peanut butter that well, so I was looking for a substitue.

The BBQ sauce is good. The peanut butter, eh. Alfredo sauce is good, spaghetti sauce is Ok. I've tried most of their stuff... anyway.

I really don't care about the "added ingredients". Ya know, with all of the stuff in today's society, that is really the least of my worries. Like I said, it's not like I eat it everyday, and when I do, it's not like I eat tons of it at a time....

I LOVE :love: Walden Farms! I have only tried their salad dressing, though- that's all I've ever seen at the grocery store. Most of them are just ok, but their blue cheese is actually really good. I didn't know they made so much other stuff. Where do you find it? Or do you have to order it online?
  • dmmarie21
    Options

I LOVE :love: Walden Farms! I have only tried their salad dressing, though- that's all I've ever seen at the grocery store. Most of them are just ok, but their blue cheese is actually really good. I didn't know they made so much other stuff. Where do you find it? Or do you have to order it online?

I actually get mine at Meijer.
    We've tried the Ceaser dressing or bleu cheese, I can't remember, but whichever, I like it.
    The Spaghetti sauce is decent. I would probably eat it again.
    I used their alfredo sauce in making alfredo chicken (not with noodles). You just lightly bread the chicken and put alfredo sauce, ff cheese and tomato chunks on it.
    They have chocolate, caramel and marshmellow dips- caramel is my fav, but that choc is pretty good as well.
    They're bbq sauce is really good, peanut butter- not so much, hopefully it will taste ok in baking.
    Mayo- just bought it, haven't tried.
    I think there were a few other things I've tried, but, I can't remember lol.
    If you don't have a meijer close to you, you may be able to order from their website, I'm not sure. It is www.meijer.com
    or you could visit the walden farms site.
    Kroger also has a few of their products, but not as many as meijer. Stores like Whole foods or Jungle Jims may have them, or trader joes. You may also be able to request them from your usual store.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I like walden farms, they've actually gotten better over the years in expanding product lines. At least 15 years ago (I think) I loved the Italian dressing, still do to this day. I too bought the no cal pb and ate it with a few rice cakes, but eventually reverted back to natural pb. Their sauces (i.e. fudge and carmael) are good. I don't know if I contributed to this post but felt I should add my two cents!
  • iRun4wine
    Options

I actually get mine at Meijer.
    We've tried the Ceaser dressing or bleu cheese, I can't remember, but whichever, I like it.
    The Spaghetti sauce is decent. I would probably eat it again.
    I used their alfredo sauce in making alfredo chicken (not with noodles). You just lightly bread the chicken and put alfredo sauce, ff cheese and tomato chunks on it.
    They have chocolate, caramel and marshmellow dips- caramel is my fav, but that choc is pretty good as well.
    They're bbq sauce is really good, peanut butter- not so much, hopefully it will taste ok in baking.
    Mayo- just bought it, haven't tried.
    I think there were a few other things I've tried, but, I can't remember lol.
    If you don't have a meijer close to you, you may be able to order from their website, I'm not sure. It is www.meijer.com
    or you could visit the walden farms site.
    Kroger also has a few of their products, but not as many as meijer. Stores like Whole foods or Jungle Jims may have them, or trader joes. You may also be able to request them from your usual store.

I've never heard of Meijer (and I wonder how that word is pronounced!!:laugh: ) I have heard of Kroger I think, but we don't have it. I'll have to try ordering it online.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think you say it like "major"

right?
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    No :laugh:
    Its pronounced My-er
    Just spelled weird.
    Kinda like when everyone thought Kroger was pronounced Kay-roger LOL
  • manzarekmi
    manzarekmi Posts: 4
    Options
    I have tried the Waldenfarms products and really like everything I have bought so far. The salad dressing I like the most is the Italian Sun Dried Tomato. I have found the products at Brookshire, Sprouts, Kroger, Walmart, and VitaminsPlus store.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I'm very curious as to how the cookies w/ WF peanut butter turn out- if anyone tries it, let us know!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I found walden farms products, along with tofu shirataki, popchips, edamame, and of course tons of fruits and veggies at my year round local produce store. These stores seem to be popping up a lot around here, and since I am in jersey, maybe it is the same with CT?
    I buy all of my produce from there, much cheaper and lots of variety. I love going there, every time I go I try to buy a new (or seldomly used) veggie for variety. This week was butternut squash, and tofu, which I made into bbq butternut hash, tasted really good and my kids 2 and 3 loved it!
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Walden Farms BBQ sauce and the peanut butter. Threw both out and have decided I can live without any of their products!
  • jlstaub
    jlstaub Posts: 3
    Options
    My favorite Walden Farms product is the Caramel syrup. It's very good if you add a small amount to an icy vanilla protein shake. Tastes like a caramel sundae. I definitely would love to try the PB, didn't even know they had it. Thanks for sharing.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly disturbed that you don't seem to have concern for what you put in your body. I also just looked up the nutrition facts for this spread...... zero cals = zero nutritional value. What's the point?
  • LosingItWithGod
    Options
    I have tried 3 of WF products:
    Bleu cheese dressing-- It taste great but has 240mg sodum per 2 Tbsp
    Chocolate Syrup- Love this! dip strawberries in it & put in smoothies. Only 35mg sodium per 2 Tbsp
    Peanut Spread- GROSSSSSS smells bad too. I have a full jar I don't know what to do with hoping to find a recipe to stick it in

I have to watch my sodium with stuff I have high blood pressure which I'm trying to get down.