Just starting

Options
Bigaway
Bigaway Posts: 5 Member
I have lost 10 pounds and have 50 to go. I don't want to quit this time. I want it to be permanent. How do I stay motivated? Why do I always quit? It seems I want it badly enough, but I have always ended up giving up after losing 20 pounds or so and then gain it back and start over. Why?why?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just track what you're doing and eating, be honest with yourself and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. You'll do great. Congrats on your 10 lb loss so far, and good luck reaching goal!
  • mznene89
    mznene89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem. I'm great during the summer months but once holidays as in Halloween comes around I'm 15 lbs in da whole again but this year I purchase a treadmill and joined my fitness pal so with the support this site offer hopefully I keep it off. Maybe it wrk for u God bless and remember be happy
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I think once you get a month or so in, the boost of feeling better goes a long way, also when people start noticing and the positive comments start coming. I also think it becomes a routine, think they say 3 months of changing a habit, it then becomes a routine. I love the way I am feeling and definitely feel powerful. We can do this!