No more junk food is giving me a headache

Options
OMG I have such a headache and the only thing I can think of is lack of sugar... I am not eating the cookies, cake, muffins etc anymore and I think my body is screaming at me LOL

Will this get better? because all I want to do is go get some sweets and get rid of this headache....

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Try some fruit! Or any other non-processed food with natural sugars. I LOVE having a banana when I start to crave a chocolate. It's not similar at all, but bananas are sooo sweet and only like 100 calories.

The headaches will go away, though, fear not! Make sure you are drinking at LEAST 64oz of water every day, the water really helps prevent headaches, too, along with huge weight loss benefits.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... Having a nonsmoking headache. Ughh. I can beat this without a smoke. :) You can beat it without the crab sugar. Have some fruit or a smoothie :)
  • 2labs4me
    Options
    Try some fruit! Or any other non-processed food with natural sugars. I LOVE having a banana when I start to crave a chocolate. It's not similar at all, but bananas are sooo sweet and only like 100 calories.

The headaches will go away, though, fear not! Make sure you are drinking at LEAST 64oz of water every day, the water really helps prevent headaches, too, along with huge weight loss benefits.

Thanks I will try the banana trick... Water is hard for me I just can't get it down YUCK!!!! I'm going to try the water but I don't promise anything:laugh:
  • 2labs4me
    Options
    I hear ya... Having a nonsmoking headache. Ughh. I can beat this without a smoke. :) You can beat it without the crab sugar. Have some fruit or a smoothie :)

wow I give you credit not smoking and diet at the same time!!! I'm a smoker and can't imagine doing this without a smoke:smile:

Great job for you!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    you can always try adding a flavor packet like wylers or crystal light. I add a single serve packet to a liter of water nad it's just enough to get over the blah taste of regular water.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I'm not even trying the nonsmoking route yet. I started MFP last last January and fter our vacation in March we fell off the wagon, am glad I only gained back 13lbs. of the 35 I lost. Once I get to my goal then I will try to quit smoking. i do find that I smoke less when eating healthier and working out though.
    Good Luck to you, I think that is harder to do than lose the weight!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    quit smoking 2 years ago. Made it till last July. Then have gone off and on with the smokes. I'm so over it. When I first quit smoking I gained 30lbs but didn't work out at all. Started working out and eating better and then the weight started dropping off. I figure that I really hate being a smoker and I have the healthy habits of eating right and exercising so that's it for the smokes. It's the first 3 days that are the worst!!! After that I should be fine and it's amazing how much more you can do in the workout department without the breathing holdback of smoking.