Food Theivery at the Office

Options
_Pseudonymous_
_Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
So this morning I go to the office kitchen to heat up some breakfast sandwiches that I had in the fridge. I work 2 full time jobs and don't always have time to cook so this is a preferred alternative to picking up fast food all the time (cost wise and calorie wise and such). When looked in the fridge I saw they weren't there. Looked around and I saw them sitting on the counter, some of them missing all of them thawed out as if left out over night.

Flames! Flames on the side of my face!!!

So here is my inquiry to you...

Have you ever had anyone steal your food at work and if so, did you seek revenge? How did you make them rue the day?

I appreciate any and all suggestions. :D

Replies

• embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    Time to pull out the DNA kit and hunt down the vicious criminal who violated the sanctity of your frozen food rights
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I've had it happen a few times. It made me mad at first, but then I figured maybe they needed it more than I did. How bad would it suck to be hungry at work all day because you couldn't afford lunch? So it doesn't make me mad anymore, although sometimes it makes me sad, for whoever took it and sometimes for me, if I was really looking forward to whatever I brought.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    I've had it happen a few times. It made me mad at first, but then I figured maybe they needed it more than I did. How bad would it suck to be hungry at work all day because you couldn't afford lunch? So it doesn't make me mad anymore, although sometimes it makes me sad, for whoever took it and sometimes for me, if I was really looking forward to whatever I brought.

Maybe so, but I don't know because I am one of the lowest paid employees in the office and brought everyone pastries yesterday, enough for everyone to have 1-2 each to try and boost morale during a stressful time at our office.

Secondly, it's one thing to be hungry and take a sandwich, it's another to take some sandwiches, and then leave the rest out overnight so that they go bad.

I wish I were a good enough person to be understanding but I am not. I mean, if they would have asked I would have shared. But now I don't have any breakfast and that is money wasted.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It used to happen a lot in University so my friend and I make some "**** cakes" once out of flour, eggs, spit, snot, fly repellent and all kinds of nasty stuff...

We baked them up and left them out to cool...one went missing :sick:
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    At a law firm I used to work at, I had a can of Emerald spiced almonds on my desk. The head partner ate the ENTIRE CAN one night, leaving about four almonds left at the bottom. I was so mad, especially since I was only a temporary employee and couldn't really afford to have the boss stealing my food.

At my current office, stealing isn't a problem, the bigger annoyance is people leaving stuff in the fridge wayyyy too long.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    It used to happen a lot in University so my friend and I make some "**** cakes" once out of flour, eggs, spit, snot, fly repellent and all kinds of nasty stuff...

We baked them up and left them out to cool...one went missing :sick:

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Make a second batch. Add a good dose of laxative to each one.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    At a law firm I used to work at, I had a can of Emerald spiced almonds on my desk. The head partner ate the ENTIRE CAN one night, leaving about four almonds left at the bottom. I was so mad, especially since I was only a temporary employee and couldn't really afford to have the boss stealing my food.

At my current office, stealing isn't a problem, the bigger annoyance is people leaving stuff in the fridge wayyyy too long.

Same at my office...one person actually brings in eggs (she has chickens...don't ask) that she sells to other employees, and assumes it's totally cool to use up half of the fridge.

I hope you called the idiot partner on the almond thievery...that's just a bull$hit power move that shouldn't go unchecked.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Was just discussing this topic with a fellow MFP friend earlier today.

It frustrates me to no end also. Big things (frozen lunch meals) to small things (pack of gum in my desk drawer) all seem to disappear on third shift.

I have no good answers as to what to do here outside of a locked area,which I do not have at my work space, to hold non-perishables, but am anxious to see suggestions!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    zkifqd.jpg
  • Miska_
    Miska_ Posts: 84
    Options
    I work with engineers- food stolen is on the daily.

I just make it known that I spit in all mine.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yup...I worked in a school where things started to go missing out of lunch bags (we're talking paper ones, so it's a long time ago) and then progressed to parts of things, as in a bite out of a sandwich....ewww. Eventually, the perpetrator was caught, sadly suffering from a mental illness as It turned out she'd been shoplifting as well. Very sad.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwoylnQTOy1qf9hdzo1_400.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    So this morning I go to the office kitchen to heat up some breakfast sandwiches that I had in the fridge. I work 2 full time jobs and don't always have time to cook so this is a preferred alternative to picking up fast food all the time (cost wise and calorie wise and such). When looked in the fridge I saw they weren't there. Looked around and I saw them sitting on the counter, some of them missing all of them thawed out as if left out over night.

Flames! Flames on the side of my face!!!

So here is my inquiry to you...

Have you ever had anyone steal your food at work and if so, did you seek revenge? How did you make them rue the day?

I appreciate any and all suggestions. :D

duh. post a rant about it on MFP! :angry:

oh, wait... nvm.

:tongue:

j/k. serious answer... i've seen this happen (not to me) and the victims left snarky written notes on the fridge door about it. that's pretty much all you can do. it makes you look like the office jerk though because everybody will see the note. *shrugs*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    zkifqd.jpg

This.
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I would seriously cut a bish.

My coworkers know better than to mess with my food.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    We all have or "special spot" in the office fridge. My favorite is the office mooch unabashedly using my salad dressing, ketchup, mustard, etc. When I asked him about this, he said food is sacred and off limits but condiments are for everyone.

I put ghost pepper sauce in my ketchup...that worked.
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Make chicken enchiladas with cat food.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me until I made a nice soup made of laxatives and dog poop, I put my name on it, and "Don't touch", I left it in the fridge and someone took it...the next day I put a note stating I hope you enjoyed the dog poop and laxative soup you ate yesterday....I've never had that happen again...lol