Non-Scale Victories

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I posted last week about this. I think it's important to celebrate the non-scale results we are seeing from our healthier living!

I have never had high blood pressure, thank goodness.(always something like 117/79 or something like that, but I took my blood pressure in one of those machines at Target the other day and it was like 102/69! AND I just took my pulse and it was 60! Before It was like in the 80s or 90s!

I am so proud of myself for treating my body better and actually getting to the point that I can call myself "Fit" *HOOORRAYYYY!!*

How about you??? What is your non-scale victory this week??

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I posted last week about this. I think it's important to celebrate the non-scale results we are seeing from our healthier living!

I have never had high blood pressure, thank goodness.(always something like 117/79 or something like that, but I took my blood pressure in one of those machines at Target the other day and it was like 102/69! AND I just took my pulse and it was 60! Before It was like in the 80s or 90s!

I am so proud of myself for treating my body better and actually getting to the point that I can call myself "Fit" *HOOORRAYYYY!!*

How about you??? What is your non-scale victory this week??
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I posed this already but I will post it again. Here is my non-scale victory:

IT"S WORKING!! I just tried on 3 pairs of shorts that I was not able to fit into last summer and they are SLIGHTLY big on me! :bigsmile: I also tried on 2 pairs of jeans that I bought this winter which were normally tight when I first put them on (you know how jeans kind of "stretch" as you wear them) and........ wait for it......... I CAN PUT THEM ON AND OFF WITHOUT UNBUTTONING THEM!! :noway: :laugh: Guess I will have to get rid of my new "fat" jeans and get a smaller size!!!! I love it here. Thank you all for your support and kind words! :drinker: :heart: :love:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i have more energy to play with my 9 month old nephew who now lives with me. :heart: i don't get as out of breath or exerted quite as easily either. :happy:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have also dropped my resting heart rate to 60. I can wear shorts I haven't worn in six years.
    My blood pressure is completely normal(was borderline hypertensive) and my asthma is GONE!!!!! I threw my inhalers in the trash about three months ago.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I sprinted up the stairs at work yesterday and when I reached the second floor saw someone I knew and could talk to them without having to wait a minute to catch my breath. Couldn't have done that 3 months ago - could barely walk up the stairs much less sprint :happy:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    The bridesmaid dress that I tried on 2 weeks ago and could barely zip now zips easily and there's still 6 weeks left!!

That I actually get up and plan exercise somewhere in each day, tonight running after I get home from work, yesterday biking the kids in a bike trailer to the park etc. That never would've happened 4 months ago.

That the azz pics that I take every 2 weeks are getting smaller and smaller and smaller and it looks toned and the saddle bags are barely there.

That when I sprint to the front of the store to stop a shoplifter I'm not out of breath when I get to them outside the store.

That's it for now!! Thanks for this! :smile:
    Heidi
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    In the past few months with dropping 50 lbs I have been able to...

1. Stop taking both of the blood pressure medications that I have had to take for the past 5 yrs.

2. No longer have to wear compression stockings because of the swelling in my lower legs.

3. Am able to enjoy walking again. And not be short of breath and not have my knees kill me.

4. I was able to dig clothes out of the basement that I haven't worn in 7 yrs. Yeah, I'm a packrat :laugh: Hey I had nice clothes I couldn't get rid of them.

5. I have been able to obtain a weight that I haven't seen in 10 yrs.
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    I biked longer and harder than I ever have today. Plus my sister said, "I can tell you've been working out more" Yay!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    A lady at church noticed I had lost weight and was so impressed with how much I had lost. She asked me what I was on. I told her I wasn't on anything but that I was just eating healthier, not eating junk food, exercising and counting calories. I mentioned MFP and she asked me to write the website down and give it to her. What a great feeling when someone notices your weight loss. :happy:
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I find I have a bit more energy. If only 7 pounds can do that, imagine what 80 is going to do!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I had the abso BEST non-scale victory in the world yesterday, wonderful wiff said that I looked better, and she meant it! :heart:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put on my CANADA olympic sweater that i got 2 years ago but have not worn it recently cause it was too small.... so i put it on and.... im SWIMMING in it!!!!!!! It is wayyyyy to big I thought for sure it would fit comfortably.... but i was happily wrong!!!! So if i put it in perspective I AM OFFICALLY SKINNIER THAN I WAS 2 YEARS AGO!!!! and 2 years ago was before i hap put on a huge amount of weight.... freaking awesome :)

jackie
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I WANT to put my jeans in the dryer to shrink them.

It was a little chilly this morning, and I put on my size 14's ( just bought in May) and they are no way shape or form tight. In fact they were too big! Man, the thought of putting on a size 12 excites me!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    ~three weeks into this.
    My jeans are fitting with a nicer shape, I'm more toned, more energy, more joy.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Great thread!
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    hmmm.... this is completely off topic
    but monday night i managed to get myself back in an elevator after last week

freaked out a bit but i made myself do it about four-five times

that counts right?:ohwell:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT Tam and everyone!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

My "Non-scale" Victory...

I frolicked on the beach this summer without feeling shy / embarrassed (first time in my LIFE!!!).

This moment at the beach almost brought tears to my eyes, because never in my life (even at a lighter weight than I am now) have I ever felt comfortable enought to wear a swimsuit (and a bikini no less!!!:noway: ) in public with such abandon! It was such a freeing feeling, to accept myself as I am and be "okay" with my body!!!! Stretch marks and all!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Mine is longer than just a week...

I haven't strangled my kids or even been really tempted all summer long!!! WAHOOOO!!!!

Errrr...Was that my outside typing? LOL
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    3 months ago I saw a pair of dressy pants in my favorite store- they were too tight on me. I 've ordered next larger size and waited for it for about 2 weeks. When I got them at home- they felt a little loose . 2 more weeks passed and I had hard time keeping them on my waist rather than on my hips as they kept sliding.
    3 weeks later- there is nothing I can do about keeping them - they slide up and down without unbottoning them. I
    A month ago I bought another pair of pants- 2 sizes smaller. ...Yesterday I had to put them away in "when I'll grow up"shelf......
    I am all excited, but I have nothing to wear.... I am thinking of postponning any purchases, as I can't afford to wear pants just for a month:blushing:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! you guys all look amazing! I think this should definitely be a weekly thread Tam!

This week, my non scale victory had to be that about 5 different people told me they noticed my weight loss! So happy about that, i started to wonder if they would ever notice!!

Oh oh, and i TAUGHT pilates on friday! I had taught zumba about four times so far, but pilates was a first. I might really consider getting certified at some point.....