Hey Hey

Options
I'm new here. My name is Audrey. Currently weighing in at 219lbs. My Daughter's wedding is in April and I wanna loose 20 or so lbs before then. My goal weight as of right now is 150lbs.

Any tips or advice is welcome. Thank you :smile:

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    load up some friends on the site, work out and eat better and have a good time while you do it. :) You'll be smoking hot in April. Good luck.
  • SheldaKay
    Options
    u can do it Audrey! I lost 40 pounds last year and my husband lost 50 pounds and I want to lose another 30 pouds this year..
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are well on your way by logging all of your cals, exercise and water! Join some challenges to meet some pals and keep motivated. Check in daily and you will be the runner up on your daughter's wedding day!:heart:
    All the best!
  • Kandy3
    Kandy3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Audrey, I joined yesterday and have similar goals in that I want to be slim for my birthday in April. I think it's really good to have a goal weight and date also each week that you lose weight, buy yourself a little something for yourself.
    Good luck
    Kandy:flowerforyou:
  • laschlueter
    laschlueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Audrey and Kandy!
    I have my heart set on slimming down for my April birthday too. Good luck ladies, I know we can do it!
    Lindsey
  • agraffis50
    Options
    Yes we can!!
  • kglover97
    kglover97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your daughter getting married! I believe you will lose more than 20 pounds by April if you diligently us myfitnesspal. Their database is awesome.
  • kglover97
    Options
    Hi Audrey, Kandy and Lindsey! My birthday is in April too and I too plan to lose 35-70 pounds by watching my calories, exercise and drinking more water. I know I can do it and you can too!
  • kglover97
    Options
    Congratulations on losing the 25 pounds so far Beth!
  • Jutelynn
    Jutelynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.strongwomen.com/stayslim/index.htm

Check out this website as a great resource for adding some free weights to your excerise routine. There are 6 simple excerises that you do three days a week. It comes from a book titled Strong Women Stay Slim by Miriam E. Nelson. I have it and really should read it again! Now that the new year is here, I am hoping to get back on track and lose about 15 pounds myself. I am going to the wedding of a friend in June and wat to look and feel marvelous!
    Good luck with your program - do try to check out the website - it works for me! Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!
  • Kandy3
    Options
    Maybe we can be a 'lose ? Weight by April' group? Just in time for new spring/summer clothes!
  • kmizins1
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. My name is Krystal and I also joined not that long ago. But I just started yesterday eating healthier. I want to have a second child but I need to lose 60lbs before that and hopefully by Aug. this year. Im currently 225 and my goal is 165. Im having trouble letting the night time snacking go. I'm good all day but then the night comes and I want to eat everything in site.. Suggestions?
  • laschlueter
    laschlueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love the "lose weight by April group" idea!
  • Kandy3
    Options
    Ok then guys..who wants to join the 'Lose weight by April' group? We could aim for a minimum weightless of 14 lbs, which Woul be just over a pound per week and doable. If we lose more than that, then what a bonus!!!
    What does everyone think? Let me know of any other thoughts or suggestions..
  • aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im in this loosing it by April too. This is my Mom and My wedding is at the end of April (: Wanna loose the 20 or so pounds.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Audrey! Best wishes on your weight loss journey. A lot of people are walking the road with you.

Stay motivated and sign in often!

Shawn