NSV running!

Options
aprildude
aprildude Posts: 15 Member
3 weeks ago I started challenging myself to become a runner...I couldn't even run 2 min without dying lol but today I ran 1.25 miles in 13 min ! Without stopping and without feeling like I was dying! So excited I had to share

Replies

• Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the greatest feeling in the world?

I remember the first time I ran a mile without stopping. I was so darn happy. And kind of bummed because I didn't have anyone to high five :laugh:
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Such a good feeling!!

If you have a smart phone you should get couch to 5k app! Very helpful too!!
  • blaze6106
    blaze6106 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is such an amazing NSV! :) I aspire to be able to do some short distance running, but right now I am where you started- I can barely run for 2 minutes. Lol.
  • aprildude
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • aprildude
    Options
    Just stay positive and keep trying! If I can do it anyone can ;)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    good for you! keep it up!
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love to run too and you will be surprised with the results over time. I might suggest adding 2 to 5 minutes a week to each of your runs. The next thing you know in a few months you are running 30 to 40 minutes a session and will be ready to hit the 5K circuit. Keep up the good work and enjoy the run. If you don't have good shoes go get fitted and get yourself a good pair of running shoes, best money you will spend.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Starting is always the hard part but if you kept on doing it, you'd be amazed how strong you have become. Just don't forget to breath and walk if you must.

I am doing the same think too.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love to run too and you will be surprised with the results over time. I might suggest adding 2 to 5 minutes a week to each of your runs. The next thing you know in a few months you are running 30 to 40 minutes a session and will be ready to hit the 5K circuit. Keep up the good work and enjoy the run. If you don't have good shoes go get fitted and get yourself a good pair of running shoes, best money you will spend.

About the shoes, buy them on a Running shop because they have ways to measure and check how you run so that they can find what kind of shoe fits your running.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You also have a nice pace for just starting out.

I suggest a couch to 5k app too. I used Get Running.

Good luck!
  • aprildude
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Yes I invested in shoes from a new balance store, they watched me walk and jog and measured my feet..I agree best money I have ever spent!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :) Running is a great way to feel strong and healthy and it's amazing to see yourself progress :)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As a recent convert to running, I totally know what you're feeling. Keep it up and you'll soon be running 5K and then 10Ks.

I agree with some others, you should look into the C25K program. I started it after running for a bit already and ended up skipping weeks 2 - 4. But it helped me get to the 30 minute running mark. I've recommended it to many people and most have been very successful with it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep it up!
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    PRing is such an awesome feeling.
    Congrats!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It feels great to keep improving.
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    awesome. Keep it up! Next up 5k and before you know it you'll be running marathons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!