TMI Sorry! Best exercise during that time of the month?

Options
Uhg that time of the month... What do you ladies find is the best work out to do to both relieve cramping and help with bloating? My friend wants to swim today but I feel like going for a walk or run might make me feel better for some reason... Any opinions?

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yoga, water and advil.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    same exercise I do any other time...when I had cramps I found any exercise helped.
  • britt7797
    britt7797 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love walking all the time (except that time) I prefer the elliptical. Water water water water! Seriously... It keeps my cravings at bay and It makes the cramps seem so much easier to deal wtih!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I always cramp worse when I exercise at any decent intensity, steady state cardio or heavy lifting, before and during menstruation. I still do it because if I don't, I have non stop annoying and sometimes painful cramps during the first three days. If I do the workout, I have about 20-30 minutes of very uncomfortable cramping but then don't have any problems for the rest of the day. That's why I work out early in the morning on those days and allocate time for a hot bath after each workout.

Cramping seems to be incredibly individual so maybe this would work for you but it's unlikely.
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    early morning most definitely.....something low intensity like walking.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    whatever is scheduled in the program for that day.

same ole same ole.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    SSDD
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Same thing as usual. I don't usually cramp too badly though, luckily. Even in HS though, when I did cramp terribly, too bad for me because I was in sports and couldn't afford to take a few days off a month.