Waistband?

Options
I saw this thing at Walmart where you wear a waistband around you waist and it can help tighten up your stomach or firm it out a little more. What's your intake and/or experience on this? If so, is it worth getting?

Replies

• potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If it is one of those things that's supposed to exercise your abs for you, through electrical stimulation, they have been reported to have no real beneficial effects.

Since mid section fat is the hardest to lose the unscrupulous vendors prey on people looking for an easy way. There are no shortcuts.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Okay. Thanks. I'm not looking for the easy way out anyway was wondering about it. :happy:
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I see those too but they make no sense to me. Like... how can wearing a wide belt slim you? maybe they help with posture or?? I dunno but last time I checked unless it's weighted and you wear it while you work out or something, its useless.... :)
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a cheap and effective method to help you keep stomach tight, you just need some string. Wrap it around your waist, tighten your abs, then tie the string. If you forget to keep your abs tight the string reminds you, but won't be so tight as to harm you. Really simple way to make you more focused on your abs. You can do this while exercising or even when just making dinner, etc as a way to help you work your core regularly.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I sit on my exercise ball to do everything, watch tv, on the computer and folding laundry. My abs are the hardest thing ever and all those crunches never seem to do any thing. My trainer friends basically told me it is my nutrition and genetics so we are blessed with what we got lol
    I think just training you abs the way we do other parts of our body will improve with time.
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a cheap and effective method to help you keep stomach tight, you just need some string. Wrap it around your waist, tighten your abs, then tie the string. If you forget to keep your abs tight the string reminds you, but won't be so tight as to harm you. Really simple way to make you more focused on your abs. You can do this while exercising or even when just making dinner, etc as a way to help you work your core regularly.

Interesting suggestion! I have a note taped to my computer chair at work that says "sit up!" and it really helps me!