Calories per day or per week

Options
Day 10 for me and looking at my net cal for the first week. A couple of days more or less on target, a couple of days below and a couple of days above. Average across the week is bang on target.

Doing this flexibly has allowed me to still go to family events and enjoy the dinners without feeling deprived (no alcohol though).

So do you think averaging out across the week is okay. I don't want to use my exercise calories as I am trying to get into the mindset of nutrition being the key. And my week would be Monday to Sunday every week so I don't roll over good days into the next week, if that make sense.

What do you think?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Averaging your calories out throughout the week is great.

But I'm confused on why you think using your exercise calories (which the site is designed for you to use) will somehow hurt your nutrition goals. Eating enough calories to fuel your workouts is a part of having good nutrition.
  • Sandiedreamer
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I think I worded my sentence about work out calories badly. What I meant was I don't want to get into the habit of burning extra calories in advance in order to 'pay' for a higher calorie dinner later.
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Make sure you use your negative calories for your exercise. If you don't you won't have an accurate representation of what you need to be taking in. This can lead to lower metabolism and also starting to burn something in the body that you need.