What is a quest bar?

Options
I constantly hear people talking about these bars on MFP and how much they love them! What exactly are they and are they available in Canada? And how much do they cost?

Replies

• junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the cost per bar or box can be found online.( i really dont know the cost). This bars are just good snacks to have worund for those moments when u dont know that to snack at work, home or at your purse during the day. Also this kind of bars are good snacks for after working out. i personally dont lonve Quest bar taste, but i do like LARABAR and Cliff Bar. i normally eat one right after workouts, because it help me to no feel hungry ntil i get home and cook(it takes me around 25 mins driving plus whatever takes me to cook). Snacks are good source of carbs and protein as post workout
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    https://www.questproteinbar.com/

Also available at GNC and on Amazon. I like a few of their flavors better than others. Cookie and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, and whit chocolate raspberry in particular.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if people have heard of Google. Seriously.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like the Chocolate Brownie quest bars...I think there's 25 grams of protein. I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it comes out chewy and warm...like a brownie!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_n3c78mIo4T1r8zs3r.png
  • asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    My favorite is cashew coconut. At Gnc the cost is 2.39. the most I have paid for a bar at any other stor is 3.99. A box from their website is like 30 bucks.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    They are basically high protein and fiber bars, with like 1 gram of sugar. I love the cookies and cream, banana nut muffin, and white chocolate rasberry. The pb&j flavor is pretty sketch, and lemon was downright grody.
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hahah *applause*
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I constantly hear people talking about these bars on MFP and how much they love them! What exactly are they and are they available in Canada? And how much do they cost?

Pure Awesomeness!!!!!

Buy some.
    Heat in microwave on wax paper for about 13 - 15 seconds.
    Enjoy
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

??? Rude?? Simple honest question by OP. Check your local health food / vitamin stores to see if they carry them. If not - check online.

Other than the above post I agree with everyone else - quest bars are very good. I like them more than any other I've tried. They are a bit pricy but I was able to get them on sale at GNC (buy 3 get one free) recently. Personal favs are cashew, white chocolate. I didn't really care for the peanut butter (I thought it was a bit dry).

I haven't checked Amazon or anywhere else online to see how the price is - probably because I don't want to buy a whole box of one flavor.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    They are basically high protein and fiber bars, with like 1 gram of sugar. I love the cookies and cream, banana nut muffin, and white chocolate rasberry. The pb&j flavor is pretty sketch, and lemon was downright grody.

Thanks for the input on the lemon - now I probably won't buy it unless it's on sale. I have a PB & J - but haven't tried it. Especially after the regular PB one I tried
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have found that any bars that contain sugar alcohol like maltitol or xylitol stop me from losing weight. So I like the Balance Bar Caramel Nut Blast from Amazon.
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I did google it. I just wanted to hear people who are on a diets opinion on the bar. If you don't want to Anwser my question, simply don't click on the topic and post something rude. Thank you .
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone else! They sound amazing, I'm definately going to try them!
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I was a fan of the Lemon when baked in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 380!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    In my (admittedly limited) experience, Quest bars aren't bad. Great for diabetics - not many carbs in them, though you do have to watch it with the sugar alcohol.

Haven't tried but three flavors so far. Apple pie is really good, cinnamon roll is "okay". Lemon creme pie is downright nasty.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    They're pretty good, but too expensive IMO. I used to eat 2-3 a day... but I haven't bought any in a few months.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have found that any bars that contain sugar alcohol like maltitol or xylitol stop me from losing weight.
    Sugar alcohols won't stall weight loss, but if you eat a lot of them and think they have no calories, you are in for a surprise, as they "provide us with 2 to 3 calories per gram" http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/maltitol.htm