I LOVE the 80s!!

Options
coolraul07
coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
Sometimes I can't help but reminisce sometimes about my childhood. Come with me on a journey back in time... I'll start... who remembers this?
wall_phone_1.jpg
Having ONE AND ONLY ONE phone in your house, hardwired to the wall, leased from the phone company?
Playing outside, hearing that LOUD *kitten* bell ringer go off, and then running top speed inside and through 2-3 rooms to answer the phone?
Swapping out the handset cord with the 25-foot coiled one that stretches out to 50 feet so your Mom can talk on the phone while standing outside?
How about not noticing that the cord is strewn across the kitchen and almost clotheslining yourself walking into it?

Come on... I know I'm not alone... Holla if ya hear me...

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I remember everything you just mentioned! You could hear that ring from the neighbors house! Too funny! Thanks for the stroll back!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    mikxw7.jpg
  • DainaLC
    Options
    Awe! I miss him! :cry:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    It was such a colorful decade

34302223.jpg

My favorite

rainbowbrite-2.jpg
  • DainaLC
    Options
    MTV really did use to play music videos! Shocking I know!!!!
  • OhioTallGuy
    OhioTallGuy Posts: 82
    Options
    Am I really saying "the good old days"? uggggg

The 80s were great!
  • coolraul07
    Options
    34302223.jpg
    ...and while "Music Television" played "music videos" (shocking right?), you could multitask by doing other 80s-relevant stuff. Who gets this one?
    Pencil-and-Tape-Cassette-Rewind.jpg
  • coolraul07
    Options
    6023427_700b.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    No other generation got to "grow up" with video games evolving with you like people born from like the late 70's-early 80's.

30b67d6914450233d81fe25a3cdda80c63404544.jpg
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I miss the 80s even though I didn't really appreciate it at the time. But now that I'm old....LOL!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options

Pencil-and-Tape-Cassette-Rewind.jpg

bwhahah i LOVE this!!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The music. When it was actually good!
    motley-crue-crue-fest_zps7e3d6a86.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ah... childhood memories!

Does anybody remember "QuantumLink" (the first internet service provider)?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I loved everything about the 80's!

I even had the huge hair that I teased out with a can of Aqua Net per day!
  • SummerRain43
    SummerRain43 Posts: 358
    Options
    oh wow....I don't know how to post pics but I loved those ones.....especially the phone.....and God help you if the damn thing rang after 9pm at night!!!!!!

what about.....

Cabbage Patch Dolls - remember the stampede through the store to get to the shelf first!!!
    Betamax machines (top loading of course!!!....weighed a ton, used a remote with a cord!!! and cost about $1000)
    the move....Porky's!!!!!....omg that was funny!!!!

oh...and for us ladies.....Hair Laquer.....not just spray but hair spray on crack!!!....that hair wasn't moving!!!!!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    The music. When it was actually good!
    motley-crue-crue-fest_zps7e3d6a86.jpg

Hell yes to this! Hoping to see their farewell tour in KC in August!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    http://www.pinterest.com/03nov/80-s-childhood/

I hope you don't mind me posting that, but it's a link to my Pinterest 80's childhood board. Lots of nostalgia :-)

I still looooove 80's stuff, especially much of the music.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't miss my social awkwardness back then, but if I invent a time machine and could go back there as an adult, I would be there in a heartbeat!

Great music!
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    darkpinkpopple.jpg
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Having ONE AND ONLY ONE phone in your house, hardwired to the wall, leased from the phone company?
    Playing outside, hearing that LOUD *kitten* bell ringer go off, and then running top speed inside and through 2-3 rooms to answer the phone?
    Swapping out the handset cord with the 25-foot coiled one that stretches out to 50 feet so your Mom can talk on the phone while standing outside?
    How about not noticing that the cord is strewn across the kitchen and almost clotheslining yourself walking into it?

Come on... I know I'm not alone... Holla if ya hear me...

Ours was on a party line,which meant everyone down the whole road shared one line. Every time you picked it up you would have to see if someone was already on the line before you dialed. If you had an emergency, you would have to tell someone else down the road to get off the line. Or if you picked up REAL quietly, you could snoop on the neighbors conversations :laugh: