30 day shred? Yes or no?

Options
Over the summer I lost 20 lbs within 8 weeks by seriously cutting my carbs, eating mostly veggies and high protein. However, I've been stuck floating from 130-135 depending on the week since AUGUST.

I want to try something new. Everyone says you will lose inches but not necessarily weight because of the muscle building on Jillan Michael's 30 day shred. I don't want to build muscle per se but burn off calories rather so I do not have to watch my calories so closely and have some wiggle room with them. I'd like to get down to around 105 ultimately.

What are your stories of using the work out video? DId you lose weight or just inches? I've found with building muscles from working out actually makes my clothes fit worse because I get bulker. I need to lose FAT so my clothes fit better.

Any advice would be fab! Thanks!

Replies

• queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I used both because I reduced my calorie intake and increased my exercise but I would heartily recommend the 30 Day Shred to anyone. Obviously you can tailor weightloss by changing your calories but you'll definitely tone up using this DVD. It burns a lot of calories, gets your heart rate up and improves your fitness. It is not a muscle buildinging DVD, there is very little work with weights and what there is is designed to get your muscles moving in order for them to burn more calories and not to build them! I personally love it and it's completely changed my opinion of Jillian.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    YES! You don't really bulk up because you only use hand weights for part of it. There's a LOT of cardio. I've lost major inches. Definately give it a try!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love the Shred. I did 30 days of it when I first started exercising again- I was reducing calories from an unhealthy diet to a healthy one- so I lost pounds and inches. I certainly still want to lose pounds- but honestly now it is about being fit and healthy. Who cares what the scale says?( Inches are what counts)

Her other work out- No more trouble zones- is a great ones as well.
  • larousse_37
    Options
    As others have said, you only use hand weights, so it's more about burning calories and toning. If you do gain a little muscle from it, it will assist you in burning more calories anyway, because muscle increases your metabolic rate. It's a win win, I'd definitely recommend it!!

I only started it yesterday, and I'm about the same height and weight as you.. lets keep track of eachother and see how the inches go!
    11744 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred, its great that its only 20 mins long. As soon as you start it you think.....not long now!!
    What do you fill it in as on your exercise diary? I have no ida how many calories are burned?
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred, its great that its only 20 mins long. As soon as you start it you think.....not long now!!
    What do you fill it in as on your exercise diary? I have no ida how many calories are burned?

I used a heart rate monitor and burn about 207cals per workout (level 1). Obviously this won't be the same for everyone due to individual height / build but possibly a good indicator :smile: