Breastfeeding mama

Options
I'm a stay at home mom and I breastfeed my little girl who is now 7 months...I wanna get my body back! Since she's getting older I thought it's time to get back in gear and be healthy etc...any tips? I just signed her up for swim classes so we go once a week as well

Replies

• IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can be active, healthy and still nurse your baby. Swimming is great. When mine were babies I would wear them and dance around.. They loved it!
  • jadespider
    jadespider Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 16 month old, currently. I've got hardly any extra energy after keeping up with her and doing what I can around the house. ^.^'

With all my other children, I always lost weight while nursing but not this time around - I'm assuming it's middle age settling in on my metabolism. XD
  • FatStephanie15
    FatStephanie15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Currently nursing a 16 week old!! I was just posting that I am looking for other mamas who are nursing, too. :) I have never been one of those lucky mommas who's weight just fell off while they were breastfeeding. :( I know it can be done, slowly but surely!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new babies!!! So sweet!!!!!

You can be a new mom and get that body back. Working out will actually give you More Energy. figure out that TDEE and BMR and add 500 calories for making that milk and get moving! If you want to stay at home there are tons of options for working out at home and keeping baby by your side. you can be very entertaining while they watch.

:wink: