1200 calories a day and starving !!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 net calories a day; and my diary is open if you want to see what a 1200-net day looks like; I usually have 200-400 exercise calories per day, so I am eating more about 1400-1600 total. My advice though: drink water, eat lots of whole grains (granola is great!), and try to stay away from too many highly-processed sugars and fats, as those will leave you feeling less full (or at least craving food that you don't need, health-wise). You want to utilize your calories the best you can by filling your day with foods that are good for you, and while my diary is not a glowing example, I can assure you I'm never "starving." :)
  • RoseZ12
    RoseZ12 Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree that you're probably not eating enough calories. If you are interested in a recipe, I made chicken avocado salad (boiled chicken, greek yogurt, avocado, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper) and eat on wheat bread. There's a lot of protein in the salad and with a little carb it keeps me really full. You can eat with a salad if you want to cut out the carbs.
    I might have to try this. SOUNDS YUMMY. Adding it to my blog for yummy foods.
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have 2 scrambled eggs mixed with a few turkey sausage crumbles and a piece of toast with 1/2 Tbs, of grape jelly and one whole bottle of water. This keeps me full until lunch and only adds up to about 260 calories. Lunch is normally an open faced sandwich of a meat and cheese or 1 Tbs peanut butter, broccoli and carrots with dip and sometimes I throw in some strawberries with another bottle of water and again less than 300 calories. Dinner is whatever I make to feed the family just larger portions of the veggies and meat and very small portions of pasta or potato with another bottle of water and I don't think I've ever went over 400. This gives me about 200 give or take for an evening snack. I also sip on a bottle of water in between meals! :)
    I have found though that since I can't get to the gym until 5:30 when the kids room is open I feed the kids dinner before we go and save mine until after so that way I don't end up eating until about 7 and then I'm not hungry for a bed time snack :)
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I agree that you're probably not eating enough calories. If you are interested in a recipe, I made chicken avocado salad (boiled chicken, greek yogurt, avocado, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper) and eat on wheat bread. There's a lot of protein in the salad and with a little carb it keeps me really full. You can eat with a salad if you want to cut out the carbs.

That does sound good, I might have to try that out.
  • Willdta
    Willdta Posts: 11
    Options
    Make sure to hit your macronutrients and micronutrients. They are VERY important when trying to lose/gain weight effectively.
  • denisegrinkevich
    denisegrinkevich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started because I really needed to take off some weight! It's hard to get used to the 1200 calories...my son's sweet girlfriend is really doing well...I ask her for tips also....the salads that she makes look very filling but sometimes I still feel a bit hungry when I go to bed but I wonder if this is because my stomach hasn't shrunk yet? ...she gives me tips like, veggies, popcorn, rice, etc. ...I really like smoothies too..I am walking (slowly) to add a few more calories to my alotment....Hope you keep up the good work! :)
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Eat more calories. Eat more fats.