need support

Options
I go and stop and go and stop I need ideas and help getting started and what to eat and how to eat
any ideas and information will help :)

My son joined the army and i want to go to his graduation and I want to be thinner i know i can do this and don't know why i make it so hard

Please feel free to add me as a friend

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• SillyTree
    SillyTree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have established at least one Outcome Goal… losing weight by your son's graduation.
    Have you established any Behavioral Goals??? Which are things you can accomplish now, that will get you to your Outcome Goal.

For example;
    Workout ________ amount of times this week.
    Would be a behavioral goal.
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You have established at least one Outcome Goal… losing weight by your son's graduation.
    Have you established any Behavioral Goals??? Which are things you can accomplish now, that will get you to your Outcome Goal.

For example;
    Workout ________ amount of times this week.
    Would be a behavioral goal.

Definitely this. Behavioral goals are what helped me. I changed small things. Drinking _____ oz of water a day for the week (now at 100-120oz). Parking farther away. Taking a walk during my lunch break. I'll go to the gym ___ times per week. Once I had made those small goals into habits, things really started coming together.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    First, you need to purchase a food scale to weigh your food so you know exactly how many calories you are consuming. This is essential for weight loss. I bought mine from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It is Cuisinart brand. $49.99 and used a 20% off coupon. I love it and use it every day for every meal and snack.

I don't know if you have any allergies, etc. but I will give you a list of what my grocery list looks like (by the way, I eat gluten free so items like bread, crackers, and pretzels are bought as gluten free):

Greek yogurt
    Almond or coconut milk (I'm lactose intolerant)
    Avocados
    Carrots
    Celery
    Mushrooms
    Peppers
    Potatoes
    Sweet potatoes
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Bananas
    Granny smith apples
    Sunflower seeds
    Almonds
    Mixed nuts
    Flax seeds
    Chicken breast
    Salmon
    Ground beef/turkey
    Gluten free pretzels
    Gluten free table crackers
    Udi's gluten free omega & flax bread
    Gluten free steel cut oats (I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast)
    Gluten free popcorn
    KIND bars (my favorite are cranberry almond and dark chocolate cherry cashew)

If you give us your height, weight, and age, we can determine your BMR and TDEE which will tell you roughly how many calories you should consume for weight loss.

As far as exercise, what are you interested in? Yoga? Zumba? Strength training? Spinning? Cardio? A mix of everything? How many days a week do you plan on exercising?
  • lauraskarr
    lauraskarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also on the "stop and go" plan. I started MFP after my 3rd kid was born (almost 3 years ago) and no matter what I lose, I always find that every spring I am back at the same weight. This year I found myself above my starting weight and up a size in clothing. I decided that I have had enough. I totally agree with making behavioral goals. They can be incredibly simple - for me, my main goal right now is just to log on to MFP every day. Even when I totally blow it, it reminds me that I can do better tomorrow. I'm seeing the scale reverse it's direction and after several months of having to wear larger jeans, I am back in the jeans I wore last fall. I haven't had much loss, but just logging in each day is motivating to me. (I've only made it 11 days, but you have to start somewhere!)

I suggest making one behavioral goal - maybe for 30 days or until you feel like you have "mastered" that daily goal. Then add another one. It really helps to focus on one thing at a time. Too many goals leaves too much room for failure. You can do, you just might need to start by changing just one thing...

Good luck!
  • Loves2stitch
    Loves2stitch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI Thanks for adding me i am walking on both my breaks about 15 to 17 minutes each and my 1/2 hour lunch :)
  • Loves2stitch
    Options
    thats a great idea :) because when i seem to blow it i stop logging because i dont want to admit i ate 10,000 calories i know pushing it but you get the point :)
  • Loves2stitch
    Options
    hi thanks for the add as of right now i am walking on my breaks about 2 a day 15 to 17 minutes and i am going to walk my 1/2 lunch i love zumba i did that Tuesday night i need to get back to the gym i feel so much better when i do work out

i do have a food scale under the counter :( i will take it out tonight

as for my height and weight i am 5'4 and weight 199.3 i weighted Monday so i am not sure what i weight today :)
  • debdola
    debdola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new here to so we can support each other. I am a newbie and need to lose like 50-60lbs. I cant believe I got this heavy it has zapped my energy level long enough. I was wondering does anybody know were you get those cool tickers I see at the bottom of everyones post. I lost weight been doing for 2 days and already show some weight loss! Ya hoo! :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    hi thanks for the add as of right now i am walking on my breaks about 2 a day 15 to 17 minutes and i am going to walk my 1/2 lunch i love zumba i did that Tuesday night i need to get back to the gym i feel so much better when i do work out

i do have a food scale under the counter :( i will take it out tonight

as for my height and weight i am 5'4 and weight 199.3 i weighted Monday so i am not sure what i weight today :)

Thanks for the info.

How many days a week are you working out?

Just one more question to determine most accurate BMR and TDEE…. Do you have a desk job or physical job?