Here we go again!!

Options
Hello, all!! Looking for friends/followers/groups with similar interests and goals, so this is me:

27yo
5'2"
215#
2 daughters (5years & 16weeks)
Breastfeeding
babywearing
junk food addict
Cocacola addict ( I wrote that out as "coke" addict at first...then thought better. LOL)
80lb weight loss goal.

Is anyone else trying to lose weight while breastfeeding? I know I need to go MUCH slower than some so as not to affect my supply too much. I have my calorie goals at loosing 1lb a week. Would love to "meet" other breastfeeding mommas trying to get healthy!! I am not one of those lucky mommies who drops a ton of weight just by nursing!!

Replies

• blessedmomma1001
    Options
    Hi, I actually work for a health and wellness company that was just talking about aiding in supply. I'm a breastfeeding mom and though I had some other difficulties it wasn't with supply. They are called "greens" and they have a 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables. They give me a boost of energy which is much needed when a baby is waking me up a few times a night. I just had someone tell me that they know someone that it boosted there supply so much that she had 6oz off one side in a single pump.
  • FatStephanie15
    FatStephanie15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response!! I'm not really looking for any extra supplements right now, and my supply is plentiful, thank God. I can typically pump 8-12oz at a time. Thank you though!!
  • blessedmomma1001
    Options
    Wow! That's great! I could never do that.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm beyond my breastfeeding days, but once you run your numbers and know your calorie goal you add 500 a day. Keep up your water supply.

Jealous of your supply! I always struggled.
    I think you'll be fine with the loss as long as you get the extra calories and keep them Healthy! Start up some exercise and you'll be on your way.

Congratulations on your new baby!!!!
    Baby snuggles are the Best!
  • Sunshine7684
    Options
    Add me!

31 years old 5' 6"
    Started at 225 lb, currently 214 lb and trying to get down to 150 lb
    Mom of 4
    Currently breastfeeding my 9 month old
    I LOVE baby wearing, but my little guy is almost 25 lbs and too heavy for me to wear for long periods of time anymore.
    junk food, sugar addict

I'm like you too, I don't lose weight just because I'm breastfeeding. My baby is older now and my supply is really well established, so I'm doing more calorie counting along with adding in exercise. I've been trying to walk more each day-- taking my kids to and from school, or just to the park to play. Power walking while pushing a stroller with 2 kids in it definitely gets my heart rate up! It can be rough to stick with it all, especially when I'm sleep deprived and just want to carbo-load to get through the day. I could use another friend to help motivate and encourage me. I sent you a friend request.
  • FatStephanie15
    FatStephanie15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Request sent!!