What to do with food?

Options
I made a yummy veggie stirfry for lunch and added everything to my diary but it turns out I made to much.
Do you recalculated your diary or do you save it for later?

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    If I'm understanding this correctly and you added the entire amount of stir fry and then couldn't eat it all, you have 2 choices.

Re-weigh what's left and subtract that from your diary. Or, eat it later and leave the entry the same. The choice is yours.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If I'm understanding this correctly and you added the entire amount of stir fry and then couldn't eat it all, you have 2 choices.

Re-weigh what's left and subtract that from your diary. Or, eat it later and leave the entry the same. The choice is yours.

this...

For me it depends on what I have left for calories...if I don't have room for treats...out they go...if treats are in...they stay cause I might eat it later.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Depends if I have clean storage tubs. If not, down the hatch it goes. Or if I'm too lazy to store it also, down the hatch. I'm a lazy eater.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat the leftovers the next day and leave it all in yesterday's diary when that happens. It will balance out in the end.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one. Can I ruminate on it for a while and get back to you?
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If you know you're going to eat it later today, or perhaps tomorrow as leftovers, divide the entry in half. Log half for today's lunch and then log the other half when you eat it. You'll still be eating the same total amount whether it's today or tomorrow. It won't make or break your progress.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think you might be overthinking this a bit.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i keep it logged and consider it bonus food when i'm hungry later or tomorrow!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Depends if I have clean storage tubs. If not, down the hatch it goes. Or if I'm too lazy to store it also, down the hatch. I'm a lazy eater.

^ I like your style.

Like others said- your choices are basically to eat it, don't eat it, subtract the calories you didn't eat, or don't. History shows that I'd probably just eat the rest at some point in the same day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one. Can I ruminate on it for a while and get back to you?

May I join you in your rumination...I'm sure together we can come up with something....

ace2a__70514110_200366370-001.jpg