Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi Everyone Need support please tell me this works!!!!!!

debdola
debdola Posts: 8 Member
Hi. Everyone I'm new here and looking to shed some pounds been carrying this weight for to long. I need my energy back and the spring in my step again and also the health benefits. I am 45 and Im 5'4 and already have lost like 3.5 pds in two days woo hoo. I weigh right now 208 and that is just sick I could be a football player. I so want to keep this up this is my 3rd day logging food. I went over the last two days but still lost weight. I'm sure it was water weight but I will take it! As long as the scale just continues to go down. Anybody have simple snacks you can recommend. Im going to check out more of the posts to see if I can find helpful stuff. Well I'm off my sweet tooth is calling wish I could kick that one to the curb!:laugh:

Replies

• Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Congrats on the 3.5 pounds lost! Some of my favorite snacks are apples, bananas, grapes, (any kind of fruit really) almond butter, dark chocolate, hard boiled eggs, and greek yogurt. (I buy Chobani) I grew to love fruit so I usually choose it as a snack before anything else, but nuts are great too! (As long as you have the calories left for them)
    Good luck! With the right foods and exercise you'll be springing in no time!
  • debdola
    debdola Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks so much Dalton for you support... Do you use the message boards alot or everyday does that seem to help too?? Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you
    :smile:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I'm assuming that MFP set you up to eat 1200 cals a day to lose weight. Since you asked for advice, this is the most important piece I can share with you:

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back any exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    If it makes you feel better, the average weight of an NFL offensive tackle is 318.

And a loss is a loss. Be proud of those 3.5 pounds!
    And yes, I believe this works. Just fill out your food and exercise every day.

My sweet of choice is frozen grapes, or a piece of dark chocolate.
    My weakness leans more toward items of the battered and deep fried variety.
    There is place here in Austin that does a magnificent batter fried avocado.... but I digress.

I'm sending a friend request..
  • DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    it works if you work. good luck
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    I use the message boards quite often. It helps for tips and fitness/food information. Before I found the message boards I didn't understand how to healthfully loose weight. I was only netting 500 calories or less due to not eating my exercise calories back and my weight stagnated for 3 weeks! Listen to Bubb! You never want to under eat. It causes a lot of harm. Plus everyone is supper supportive! <3