Bingo Wings

Options
Hey y'all. Pretty new to the forums area so go kindly on me.

Basically I am due to be married next March 15 looking to lose around 91+ lbs by then but I really want to tone my arms. Currently they are really flabby and well just not toned in anyway. I have tried several arm challenges on Pinterest but nothing seems to be working. I am drinking loads of water (at least 3 litres a day from my usual 1 glass of water a day) Trying to cut down on my fat as well so hopefully that should help.

Anyone have any exercises that have worked for them? I hate tricep dips, no matter how I try to do them I just can't do them, no matter how many videos I watch I literally cannot make my arms/body do what it should.

Also if anyone is looking to buddy up feel free to add me :)

Thanks

Claire x

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit to reduce your body fat all over since it's impossible to spot reduce. You should also incorporate some triceps exercises to a whole body lifting routine (heavy progressive loading) in order to maintain the muscle you have while you lose the weight in conjunction with eating .08 - 1g of protein per your lean body mass.
  • PhantomBambi
    PhantomBambi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit to reduce your body fat all over since it's impossible to spot reduce. You should also incorporate some triceps exercises to a whole body lifting routine (heavy progressive loading) in order to maintain the muscle you have while you lose the weight in conjunction with eating .08 - 1g of protein per your lean body mass.

Thanks for the tips. Sorry to sound amateur but when you say heavy progressive loading what does that mean exactly?
  • searavyn
    searavyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love to do arm exercises because my arms really show results pretty quickly. (Nothing else on my body does, lol!)
    I do 3 sets of my arm exercises, starting with 15-18 reps of an exercise at a lower weight (say, 5 lbs to start) and then going to the next higher weight for another set of 10-12 reps, and the next higher weight for 6-8 reps, depending on how tired the muscles are and if I can hold good form for the last set of reps.
    My basic arm workout: biceps curls, tricep extensions, hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, shoulder shrugs. I also do a move that I call "hugging a tree" but I can't think of the actual name of it - you bend slightly forward at the hips and raise your dumbbells out to the side.... anyone help me with the name?
    Good luck - you can do this! :-)

P.S. - I hate tricep dips, too!!! Torture for me!
  • PhantomBambi
    PhantomBambi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to do arm exercises because my arms really show results pretty quickly. (Nothing else on my body does, lol!)
    I do 3 sets of my arm exercises, starting with 15-18 reps of an exercise at a lower weight (say, 5 lbs to start) and then going to the next higher weight for another set of 10-12 reps, and the next higher weight for 6-8 reps, depending on how tired the muscles are and if I can hold good form for the last set of reps.
    My basic arm workout: biceps curls, tricep extensions, hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, shoulder shrugs. I also do a move that I call "hugging a tree" but I can't think of the actual name of it - you bend slightly forward at the hips and raise your dumbbells out to the side.... anyone help me with the name?
    Good luck - you can do this! :-)

P.S. - I hate tricep dips, too!!! Torture for me!

Sounds good to me and you look like you have really quite toned arms and it doesn't involve tricep dips!! Which is always a bonus :)