How do you use Greek yogurt?

Options
CitizenXVIII
CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
My household has been using 0% Fage for several years, but we've recently begun using it in ways we hadn't before. I'd like to come up with some more fun uses, so how do you use it?

- As a substitute for sour cream. Always.
- Substituted for butter/dairy in recipes. Sometimes a 50/50 split, sometimes as a complete replacement.
- Mixed with a tbsp of fruit spread or apple butter for a sweet snack.
- Mixed with frozen black or blueberries
- Mixed with seasonings for dip. (Powdered French onion soup mix, taco seasoning, powdered ranch seasoning)

Replies

• ollie809
    ollie809 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cheesecake alla http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1274148-cheesecake-under-200-cals-perfect-desert

but i do love it with cereals especially granola
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    As a shake base! Combine 1 container of flavored greek yogurt (love chobani coconut) with 1/2 cup skim milk, ice, vanilla extract, and some stevia. Good for breakfast. You can substitute other flavors of yogurt if you want something different, or add fruit. Good with a banana.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I only use it for my smoothies....

I still eat sour cream and dairy, etc..I don't see anything wrong with those things when they are used as intended.
  • ktg503
    ktg503 Posts: 20
    Options
    I use it in healthy mac and cheese! Mixed with some white cheddar it really brings out the sharp taste. Gotta get the protein in!
  • ktg503
    ktg503 Posts: 20
    Options
    OH I almost forgot! I do a protein-packed healthy egg salad with greek yogurt too. Hard boiled eggs (you can just do whites if you want), greek yogurt, avocado, shredded greens (I usually do spinach but kale is good too!), a little hot sauce or paprika, and capers. Mash it all together and enjoy on toast!
  • greenpeanis
    Options
    greek yoghurt is great, i tend to use it to thicken sauces like curry or pasta or pesto sauces so I dont need to use as much. Also tastes amazing in plain porridge in the morning with a bit of honey. It's so versitile! Even use it in cakes!