Kind of new

Options
Hi! :) I'm not new to MFP, but I'm new to the message boards. I am a 24 year old girl who just started to eat gluten - and lactose free food. Resently discovered that I am intolerant :( I have a passion for running, weight lifting and food.

This spring I've been sick for a while, so I have not been capable to workout like usual. Then I didn't eat like usual either. Ben and Jerry have been my best friends for a while ;) But now I am getting back on track :D Feel free to be my friend, love to be inspired by others! :)

Replies

• vickee13
    vickee13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi like you I'm new to the boards but not to MFP. Started using it seriously December last year and reached my goal this week, just got to keep it off this time!
    Have just starting running okay at the moment it's more of a jog! Any advice, do's or dont's?
  • jlicitra
    jlicitra Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am not new to MFP; However, I have recently started to use it seriously as well--I am 21 years old and tired of this excess weight. I am still a long ways a way from goal, but in time am sure I will reach it. I have been working out more frequently and have changed my eating habits-Though it is tough as I too am a very pick eater. I too am interested in any advice.
  • stanv21
    stanv21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here I'm new to this site message board. My goal is to lose 10 pounds hopefully this time I will commit and stay on track. Wish everyone the best. @vickee13 my advice if you want to improve your run simply start with a mile run either on treadmill or outside and then the next day work on situps and upper body. What I've learn is than running requires the whole body to be in sync.
    Want your body overall to be in shape and this help improve your run.