High protein mushy foods?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I had two wisdom teeth removed and stuck to liquid/mushy foods. I had a protein shake, some Greek yogurt, now some egg salad... Any other suggestions? Don't want anything with little bits that can get stuck, and I can't chew/open my mouth much. Can't be acidic/spicy either.

But I'm hungry! I have some carrots and potatoes boiling to mash, and I'm at 435 calories so far...

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese maybe...if you mush it
    peanut butter....on banana slices
    salmon
    scallops
    ice cream
    baked beans mushed
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hummus??
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Whoops - I missed that you write that in your original post! :o)
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you missed my thread on chicken smoothies. I'll sum it up for you: they have plenty of protein and they're smooth, both when they're going down, and again when you throw them up.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It sounds like you missed my thread on chicken smoothies. I'll sum it up for you: they have plenty of protein and they're smooth, both when they're going down, and again when you throw them up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I'll pass. Plus my blender doesn't mush up things as much as I'd like.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ice cream.

oh wait ... not protein.

I'd still eat it.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had my wisdom teeth out too, all four of them, but I think I'll be back on (soft-ish) solids tomorrow! You can try peanut butter, banana and milk blended into a smoothie. If you have a food processor, you can probably cook down/process mushrooms/onions and add it to a brown gravy to put on your mashed potatoes. I've been doing well so far with simple, soft foods, so I can't think of much else!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    that's a tough one.

tuna/chicken salad

when i had my wisdom teeth removed, i ate a lot of sauteed ground beef mixed with mac & cheese.

eta: you could also throw some chicken in a slow cooker then shred it with a favorite sauce. meatballs should be easy to eat too.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the smoothie and nut butter ideas. Also ice cream. It's not high protein but hey, you just got your wisdom teeth out. I never have an issue with taking a few days off from being diet-conscious when I'm ill. Your health comes first and ice cream is good for the soul :wink:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    How about tofu? Even the "firm" style is pretty soft.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I'll pass. Plus my blender doesn't mush up things as much as I'd like.
    Idk about a chicken smoothie:huh:
    But I busted my mouth up really bad as a kid, and my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup pureed in the blender and drank with a straw was actually really good.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cottage cheese, split pea soup.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    mushed chick peas with olive oil garlic.
    (Your basically making your own hummus but I don't know if you would just want to eat that plain with no crackers or veggies.
    MASHED SWEET POTATO!!! IT IS SO GOOD. YOU COULD PUT CINNAMON AND LIGHT BUTTER WITH IT OR SYRUP!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'm wary about chicken, I always get it stuck in my teeth :( I could try ground beef or something at some point I guess. Might try salmon tomorrow for a change, I have some frozen I think.

I don't like hummus :(

Yeah I know I could eat ice cream, but I'm already sick of sweets (never thought I'd say that). I had two milkshakes today (one homemade with protein powder, I got 26g of protein out of it. and one from Cheeburger Cheeburger). Plus I've been over too much lately so I really can't afford to go nuts.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    refried beans with melted mozzerella cheese. No spice low sodium style beans heat in the microw with the cheese then stir up together and suck it down. This is what I ate when I had mouth surgery.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Refried beans! Of course! I have some too... thanks :D
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Lentils are pretty impressive in terms of fiber and protein per calorie.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Chicken or beef and veg soup blended with a stick blender is yummy and nice and mushy/smooth

Slow cooked or pressure cooked meat is lovely and fall aparty.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    how about mac and cheese? Or do you think that is not mushy enough?