New to MFP!

Hello all, I'm a 23 year old young professional in my very first job out of college. I've been interested in fitness and healthy living for a few years and always enjoyed working out and cooking (mostly) healthy, but after joining the rank and file of the office I've found myself getting squishy! So time to hold myself accountable and get serious about working out again. Crazy how much easier it was when I was an undergrad and didn't have class until noon! :bigsmile:

Exercise wise, I'm an equestrian so I ride 3-4 times a week for an hour or two, and am now looking for a good weightlifting routine. Thinking about starting the StrongLift 5x5 - I like the simplicity of it and it'll fit in around my barn schedule well. I'm also trying to run a mile or two on the days I'm not at the barn as well. Calorie goal is supposedly 1280 net calories but I'm a little skeptical - I've always been told my BMR is 1500 cals and my intake should never dip below that, but I'm probably underestimating my intake anyway.

Sorry for getting so wordy - I'm excited to meet more of you! :drinker:

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool to help you on your weight loss journey. Making friends on here is great to keep you accountable and motivated. I know it's really made the difference for me. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • ktg503
    ktg503 Posts: 20
    Thanks Kalie! Added. :glasses: