Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My first NSV. What's yours?

quark3
quark3 Posts: 17 Member
Popped into a dept store to check out some business wear. Grabbed a few things in my old size 16, a few in an ambitious 14 and a super cute dress in a very ambitious 12 (it was the last one they had). The 12 fit great -- it's a little snug but I think I can pull it off with some shapewear. I haven't fit into a 12 since 2001. Today is a very good day indeed!

Replies

• arharris00
    arharris00 Posts: 5 Member
    Ohh that feel! That's awesome!!!
  • skhny
    skhny Posts: 41 Member
    Awesome!!
  • des618
    des618 Posts: 34 Member
    I wish posts had a "like" button like Facebook! Way to Go!!
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    I haven't been to any kind of store and I wear draw string scrubs everyday so its hard to tell but im celebrating with you, I did however have 3 people tell me yesterday my face looks smaller
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    around the chirstmas break i went shopping for jeans for the first time in a couple months... i dropped from a 38 to a 34, now sitting between size 30 and 32. bet it feels great, glad to hear you hit this milestone!
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    That's wonderful! My NSV today was making a warm mug of green tea instead of eating the giant chocolate chip cookie taunting me in the kitchen! :drinker:
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    My non scale victory was giving a cookie to a friend.

I ordered a coffee and a cookie. But the top cookie was broken, so they decided to give me an extra, non broken one. So rather than eating both, I gave one to my lab mate and ate one myself. And I'm within my macros for the day :D
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    I wish posts had a "like" button like Facebook! Way to Go!!

Me too.. I often look for the "like" button.

You look great!
  • quark3
    Aw thanks! I am so lucky to have all the support and great feedback!!!!
  • quark3
    Congrats! Sounds like it might be time to try on some smaller scrubs? 21 pounds is significant!
  • quark3
    I applaud you for giving away your cookie. I would find that very difficult! ;)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    That's is GREAT! Good job!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Well Done - you deserve it!! Keep up the Good Work!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Exciting!! Good for you on the NSV :-)

I have had a lot of NSVs along the way but I am trying to remember my first one after starting My Fitness Pal. I think it was when I'd lost only about 10 lb but I went to lunch with some of my extended family and put on this outfit that I really liked a few weeks earlier but the top had become super baggy and didn't look good. So it felt more like a wardrobe malfunction and I had to leave my jacket on the whole time, and the top became a lounge/sleep shirt after that. It was the first of many times for that to happen but it felt so weird!
  • That must've felt SO good... congrats!! :smile:
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 251 Member
    Awesome job!! It must feel so good to try something on and have it be too big!!!

My experience is similar and it was actually my first NSV!! I bought a skirt a couple of months ago and got it in a size ten without trying it on ( I had been a 10 for about 3 years so I thought I was safe) I took it home only to find that I couldn't get the zipper done up without the help of my husband. It looked terrible on and I was sooo uncomfortable. I took it off almost immediately and it went back to the closet without ever being worn in public.

I am happy to say that I am comfortably sitting in that skirt today at work! I grabbed it this morning thinking it was actually another skirt that was a size larger and it wasn't till i was almost out of the house that I realized it was the smaller one!! Whoo hoo!
  • 87McK87
    87McK87 Posts: 11
    My NSV was running/walking my fastest mile ever at 13:25 last night at the gym. I have never been a runner but I have never felt better and can't wait to continue on my goal weight journey.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Only down about 10 lbs so far but my significant other was hugging me the other day and told me I felt smaller haha and also told me my determination of working out for the past 20 days every single day is sexy! Woot Woot!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    One of my first (and favorite) NSVs was after losing 10lbs, suddenly everyone was commenting. 3-4 in 2 days! No one had said anything before that.

My latest, greatest NSV was benching 100lbs for 5 whole reps! I also have people ask me for fitness advice now, in the gym and out.

My latest, strangest NSV (but kinda sucky too) is that my cute heels don't fit me any more, because after 33lbs my feet shrunk a bit. Hopefully it will mean that most size 10s will fit me now.... Being a 10.5 is a BIT**
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Some great wins. I am just getting to the point where people are noticing and commenting. Feels good that the changes are paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!