P90X - does it have to be every day?

Options
I saw the informercial for P90X the other night, and I am really interested in it, but I can't commit to an hour a day. Does anybody do it only once or twice a week?

Replies

• abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people doing it a couple times a week. Do what works best for you! :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    kinda defeats the purpose everday is a different body part
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I did my version called P180X last year doing three days a week. It was, I am sure, less effective, but I liked it and it worked with my schedule.

--Carter
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I say, do what you can. 2 days of P90x per week is better than none!
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    The program is intended to be 7 days a week (day 7 is stretching and important to helping avoid plateau effect).

I've been doing it 7 days a week and have definitely noticed a huge difference.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have the set.. just haven't done the program as it's intended. I substitute some of the cardio workouts in place of my regular routine every once in a while. Of course results will be better doing it more often.. but like someone else said, doing it some is still better than not at all! Just do whatever you can make work for you. :smile:
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    the p90x videos are great exercises all on their own! i do the ab ripper x a couple times a week just for the workout, but i'm not actually doing the program. you can add in some of the routines into your normal exercise plan to switch it up a bit
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    when you get a chance you should try to complete a full round!

Does feel awesome to say that you completed a full round of something!

I did Insanity cause I wanted results in 60 days vs 90 days lol. At first I was like wow I have to workout this long?! where do I find the time. But I was able to do it even if it meant to cut some other activities out of my life and boy was it worth it!!!

What kept me going the most is the free shirt you get after you complete the program. Don't know if you get anything after P90X (besides an amazing body!)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i would stay away from that program!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Because?
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options

Yeah, why's that?
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I want to do it one day, but I'm nowhere near ready and I know it. Go for it, though!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Yeah, why's that?

I'm interested, too!

I should have said that I already lead a Zumba class once a week, and after a brief holiday break, about to start doubles tennis twice a week. That's why I could only do P90X once or twice a week. I want to tighten up my torso, mainly. My legs and arms are in pretty good shape. Thinking about Pilates, also, but the P90X looks awesome!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Wow, that was very informative and thought provoking. I'm sure she can use that wealth of information.
  • edorice
    Options

Yeah, why's that?

I'm interested, too!

I should have said that I already lead a Zumba class once a week, and after a brief holiday break, about to start doubles tennis twice a week. That's why I could only do P90X once or twice a week. I want to tighten up my torso, mainly. My legs and arms are in pretty good shape. Thinking about Pilates, also, but the P90X looks awesome!

You would do well with creating a hybrid of the program since you're already so active. The lifting days for P90X are usually the 1st and 3rd day (I do lifting on Monday and Wednesday). You can get in your cardio from your other programs.activities and work in lifting twice a week. Later you can check out the other DVD's. On your rest days you can do P90X Yoga X or P90X X stretch.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    You might want to try Cardio Core as well. There's some good torso stuff there. Superman, Banana! :tongue:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any of these programs as they are written. I use the individual workouts to hit the right body parts if I didn't make it to the gym that day or as a change of pace from my normal gym routine. When I'm in a real mood to just workout at home, I do a crazy mish-mosh of my exercise videos (I have over 400 different workouts on video.) doing a different program every day so I don't get bored. So basically, you can use the workouts however you want to use them. Just because you buy a "program" doesn't mean you can't morph their workouts into your own program.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Wow. Just wow.

Back in 2008 I started out at 149 pounds and size 12. I finished the 90 day program as written in the book and ended at 128 pounds and size 6, sometimes a 4. I was in the best shape of my life and could do so many things afterwards that I was unable to do when I was just running, step aerobics, or whatever.

I am glad that I didn't take this lousy advice back then or I might have never been able to record myself doing 10+ pull-ups unassisted, 60+ military style push-ups in a minute, or run a 6 minute mile.

If I had taken that advice, I would have probably never lost the weight and gained the muscle since I had tried other programs that didn't deliver.

I hope the O/P totally ignores the "stay away from that program" NONSENSE.
  • Nargistsheikh
    Options
    Hi, can some tell me what is this p90X.
    Thanks
  • edorice
    Options
    It is a home workout program. You can Google it.