help with thigh/leg fat and chest/belly fat?

Options
Hello,

I have been exercising for a few months and have lost a good amount of weight and almost have reached my weight goal.

However I need some help.

I cannot seem to loose the fat in my legs the way I am able to losw it in my upper body. What kind of things can help me burn this fat while not going too far belpw my weight goal? (Things like Exercises, weight machines, types of cardio, lifestyle, food ect.)

Also I would be greatful if anyone had any tips on how to lose that last but of belly and chest fat? I have been doing well but the small amount left has been bugging me.

Thank you! :)

Replies

• ethanzacjosh
    Options
    id also be interested to hear responses to this. i too always loose more on top than bottom. my understanding is that you can't really direct where the weight will come off and you may just naturally be thinner on top than bottom. you can improve the appearance though by doing lunges and squats to improve your bottom half. hopes this helps a little.
    louise
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised this is still discussed on a daily basis. You can't spot reduce fat. I'm sorry. It's just biology. It's the same like how you can't gain fat in an area if you want to (imagine how nice it would be to make our butts or boobs bigger with spot fat gain). Your fat cells will shrink with fat loss from all over. Due to hormone differences, males tend to hold "stubborn" fat mostly on the abdomen and women on the hips/thighs.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Are you talking more about body composition? You'd like to build some muscle?
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You need to continue losing bodyfat. That is all.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Lifting weights in a deficit helps you retain the muscle, so do that, too.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Lifting weights in a deficit helps you retain the muscle, so do that, too.

And you get stronger. Bonusx2!
  • taelas
    taelas Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

To follow up, would doing more leg weight machines help that area see more fat loss there? Or does the muscle you gain in different areas just affect the body as a whole? (I was told gaining muscle helps you burn more calories/fat)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

To follow up, would doing more leg weight machines help that area see more fat loss there? Or does the muscle you gain in different areas just affect the body as a whole? (I was told gaining muscle helps you burn more calories/fat)

Unfortunately fat comes off where it wants, when it wants. More muscle you build it should start giving fat an eviction notice.