Anyone using a runner's waist belt/pack to carry your phone

Options
Anybody have a good product that they use to carry their phone while running/working out?
I don't think I would like the armband style, so I have been researching the waist pack/belts that are out there.
I've found a few that I think would work as far as comfort, but I'm don't know if they can keep my stuff dry, as I am a big time sweater.

Any suggestions?

For example:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DXD1JS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A4IBKY1H7K3S
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021WW2WY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=AO13YSIM7IARS

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I use the amphipod, and really llke it. I can add bottles as needed for my long runs, and it has a great pocket that my iPhone fits into nicely. if you are worried about it getting wet, I put my phone in an extra ziplock back on rainy days.
  • eschwanda
    eschwanda Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt (small personal item belt). You can get them from amazon or from their website spibelt.com. I love mine! Got it for christmas. You can carry things like your keys, phone, snacks, etc. and its discrete.
  • eschwanda
    eschwanda Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    On spibelts website they sell a waterproof one so that would help with the sweating!
  • whoosh1
    whoosh1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt (small personal item belt). You can get them from amazon or from their website spibelt.com. I love mine! Got it for christmas. You can carry things like your keys, phone, snacks, etc. and its discrete.

+1
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Anybody have a good product that they use to carry their phone while running/working out?
    I don't think I would like the armband style, so I have been researching the waist pack/belts that are out there.
    I've found a few that I think would work as far as comfort, but I'm don't know if they can keep my stuff dry, as I am a big time sweater.

Any suggestions?

For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DXD1JS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A4IBKY1H7K3S
    or
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021WW2WY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=AO13YSIM7IARS

I got a cheap cell phone holder at the dollar store. It's bright yellow and ugly as sin, but it holds my phone and clips in either to my pant waist or the back of my sports bra and I don't notice it's there.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For races I use a spibelt, I also have a generic fuelbelt that is okay, it just has less room/stretch than the spibelt.

For my own runs I use an amphipod belt that has water bottles too, love it!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I use one like the first link, and really like it. Hold my phone in it and haven't had issues with sweat yet...maybe I just don't sweat much down there? It comfortable and holds GU and shotblocks well, and a key in the smaller pocket for the car. I'll see if I can find a pic of me wearing it....

387165_10150926233865621_781510620_21648740_1550304612_n.jpg

wore it for the marathon, it's sitting right below my belly...I know I was pretty colorful that day so it's hard to see ;)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    After several trials & errors, I found the perfect carrier for my Iphone on my arm. I use the SPI belt to carry misc stuff on long runs. It works great & doesn't bounce around.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Cheap alternative... carry your cell phone in a ziplock bag in a pocket/fanny pack etc.

As long as you seal it, it'll keeps your phone dry even in the worst of conditions (including falling into deep puddles/creeks/rivers/ponds etc)
  • AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use the spibelt for my iphone and I like it.
  • runninginplace
    runninginplace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
    I think I may give the SPIBelt a try, and I'll probably put my phone in a ziplock bag to make sure I don't sweat through it.
  • runninginplace
    runninginplace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    On spibelts website they sell a waterproof one so that would help with the sweating!

Great, just found this on Amazon. Score!
    Thanks!
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt and an ifitness belt. I like the ifitness belt better. Less bounce and the neoprene is more water resistant than my spibelt.
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this thread, I've been looking for something like this also!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    my first one was a Nathan's 5K waist pack. My second is fitletic fuel belt. my third is Nathan's speed belt 2 with two water bottles. I use that when I run 10K and hot and dry. but it's comfortable enough that I might continue using it and have water even on a 5K. I might not ever use them but since I don't notice it, why not run with them.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Great, just found this on Amazon. Score!
    Thanks!

Yep another vote for the Spibelt - can stretch to fit a lot of stuff and I forget its even there!
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Spibelt!