working out but your scales hardly moving?

Options
your probably still losing inches!!
i was very discouraged and depressed with myself because i was working my butt off for 2 months thinking i was doing it all for nothing because my scale was hardly moving, i only lost a few pounds in those 2 months and so i decided to put my picture from 2 month's ago beside a picture i took today to see if i noticed any difference...
im SO glad i did it because i now notice i have lost a big amount of fat and now im very happy to notice working my butt off has worked and now i don't care what my scale says clearly it doesn't mean anything because i have lost fat.
i thought id post this so anyone who's having the same problem may realize just because there scale is hardly changing they're body probably is!
c7e1b3a8-2ca7-4efb-bc64-c3fb4d488ead_zpsc9592c91.jpg

i know it says ive lost 17 pounds but that wasn't within these pictures, on the left i weighed 198 and on the right i weighed 194

Replies

• RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Thanks for the reminder, it's not always about the numbers on the scale.
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    great job i am having the same problem :(
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    what work outs are you doing ?
  • ethanzacjosh
    Options
    wow! what a difference, I'm really guilty for paying too much attention to the scales
  • Mike13815
    Mike13815 Posts: 2
    Options
    A pound is 3500 calories.

A decent diet will remove one of those pounds every 4 days or so.

A gallon of fat is about 8 pounds.

So every month or so, losing a pound every four days (at the very least), you should be removing a gallon milk jug worth of fat from your body.

That's a lot, even if it's only a handful of pounds on the scale.

In the end, that's what we're all here for.

Inches, not pounds.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • patriciapowerswilliamson
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. Congrats! :) you can definitely see the difference
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone and i wish you all good luck!!
    i am eating 1500 calories a day, and for my workouts i take my dog on a lot of walks everyday, i go for an hour run everyday and i also do fitnessblender workouts for 40 minutes everyday (youtube it) ! :) also i usually run around chasing my dog in the backyard for about an hour to burn off a few extra calories :)
  • sandrewsjr
    sandrewsjr Posts: 1
    Options
    Also, bare in mind that the more you exercise, the more muscle you build. And muscle outweighs fat, literally. So you could gain weight but actually be better off than before.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is why my workout routine includes scale presses.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting my weight have hasn't gone down for weeks but I'm tracking 15K to 20 K steps a day working out three times a week and my calories between 1200 and 1500 and my carbs most days under hundred- it's been so frustrating-but I won't give up I feel better & mentally I just wish I'd stop measuring myself by the scale!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. You look great!! I feel a little less crappy about seeing the same numbers on the scale and now I'm a little hopeful that I'm losing inches like you.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing. You've done a great job.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You've done a great job! :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    wow that is a BIG change!!! good working out!!