Food Addiction Support Group

Options
Hi there, I'm just wondering if there are any members out there that would like to start a group for people who suffer from food addiction, my goal is still to lose weight but I have issues with food addiction and could use support, thanks.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MissBryonyF
    MissBryonyF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi.

This would be a great support group, if it doesn't exist already :smile:
    I am new to the forums of MFP, although I've been using MFP for a while now on my phone. I suffer from a food addiction as well. I am looking for friends on MFP that actually use it a lot to log their food and exercise. This will encourage me to log everything on a more regular basis.
    I want to lose at least 58kg.

Thanks.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I struggle every day. It sucks.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT idea.
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    Me! I'm 60 days binge free today. I go to therapy. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Food is my drug and I'm ready to quit it. The problem is that, with other drug 12-step programs you quit cold turkey, but with food addiction, you still need to eat food to survive! So it's like being forced to consume your drug of choice every day without overdosing. So tricky! I think it's important to know what your food addict triggers are (mine are chips, fries, and candies) and just avoid them.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    PS Anyone who posts on this forum can feel free to add me! :D
  • tazbear1989
    tazbear1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think it is a wonderful idea. You may add me as a friend too. I too have a food/sugar addiction and since being on MFP, I am doing pretty good, but weekends are my downfall.
  • Veronnie87
    Veronnie87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, you literally just summarized something I have been explaining to people for the last couple of years since I started getting healthy. It's a real uphill battle. I binge-eat (not to the extent that I make myself sick, but I eat ridiculously) and then sabotage myself by deciding that since I binged one night I might as well just keep going. It's a sick cycle. I'm in therapy for other reasons but I have never thought to discuss weight loss issues with my therapist. Maybe it's time to start, I'm getting really sick of losing the same 5 lbs over and over and over again!
  • MissBryonyF
    MissBryonyF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, you literally just summarized something I have been explaining to people for the last couple of years since I started getting healthy. It's a real uphill battle. I binge-eat (not to the extent that I make myself sick, but I eat ridiculously) and then sabotage myself by deciding that since I binged one night I might as well just keep going. It's a sick cycle. I'm in therapy for other reasons but I have never thought to discuss weight loss issues with my therapist. Maybe it's time to start, I'm getting really sick of losing the same 5 lbs over and over and over again!
    Yep, it is a vicious cycle. It does my head in at times.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. I have been feeling pretty hopeless lately. I have put on a good 25 pounds over the last year and it's because I have been falling back into my old ways. It almost feels as if I don't have the signal that tells me when I'm comfortably full, like I need to feel grossly full in order to be finished eating. I'm getting really down on myself and I want to break this cycle again.

So I'm in!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    But whyyyyyy can I control myself up until about 6 pm?? lol

Do you guys like going to sleep on a very full stomach? I must. I must feel like it's not time to end the day unless I'm stuffed.

The trouble is, I used to compulsively eat things like cookies, sweets, chocolate, sandwiches, etc...but now I still compulsively eat but it's the good food I keep around, but even good food adds up calorically.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I need this!

Im always thinking about food, what Im going to eat next, am I really hungry, when and what will I eat..

I have days were I binge to the point of almost getting sick (Im on a good streak of being binge free though and hoping to go through the month of may without one!)

But I need to learn to have a healthy relationship.. stop thinking about food.. and loose the all or nothing attitude when I slip up..
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. I'm on day three binge free.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    I need this!

Im always thinking about food, what Im going to eat next, am I really hungry, when and what will I eat..

I have days were I binge to the point of almost getting sick (Im on a good streak of being binge free though and hoping to go through the month of may without one!)

But I need to learn to have a healthy relationship.. stop thinking about food.. and loose the all or nothing attitude when I slip up..
    QFT. This is me.
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did a search in groups and it looks like this already exists, there's a group "Dealing with Food Addiction" http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3546-dealing-with-food-addiction

It doesn't look very busy but if those posting in this thread joined one, it would make it pretty active.