High protein mushy foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    how about french onion soup? elbow pasta cooked very very soft with sauce or cheese sauce mixed in. soft cheeses such as laughing cow cheese (get the light version for fewer calories)
  • janine2355
    Options
    rice pudding, the light version or sugar free for less calories
  • janine2355
    Options
    applesauce, fruit cocktail
  • janine2355
    Options
    cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy:drinker:
  • janine2355
    Options
    Farina or cream of wheat
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hope you're not using a straw with any of these smoothies. Dry socket is not amazing.

Rice cream was pretty good when I had mine out. You could try a blended stew... making it a meaty soup.

But really, I suggest you take it easy and not stress about what you're eating too much. I tried mushy pasta 5 days after my surgery, and was in tears for hours. It's not so much the wound, it's the aching from the jaw movement that gets you for a few weeks after.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    In one week I'll be getting four wisdom teeth removed, yikes! I read a lot, be careful with rice and seeds (even in smoothies)! I read that scrambled eggs seem to be a hit among people who get them out, so for extra protein you could maybe mix an egg with some egg whites? Hopefully that'll be filling :x Here are some ideas I have been adding to my "wisdom teeth diary" as I have been thinking about them:
    -Cream of Wheat (not protein, but good source of iron)
    -Coconut Milk Ice Cream (fiber = filling)
    -Hummus
    -Guacamole (to provide some healthy fats)
    -Mashed Potatoes
    -Baked Sweet Potato
    -Protein Shakes
    -Yogurt (although you're already on top of this)
    -Soft Tofu (usually good in smoothies I hear)
    -Refried Beans
    -V8 (great source of vitamin c and a)
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I make a tasty protein shake with peanut butter, banana, chocolate soy milk, etc. And as others have said, use a spoon, you don't want to use a straw with those stitches!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Blended soups! Add protein powder to pudding or ice cream?

When I had mine removed, I tried eating ground pork and it didn't work out well. The pieces were the perfect size to try and get in the hole :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs are a great idea!
  • Amoeschet
    Amoeschet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got all 4 taken out about 2 years ago. I ate anything that did not require chewing or I could just mash with my tongue instead of chewing. I ate Salisbury steak, Mac & Cheese, Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Lentils, Soup, Mashed Potatoes, Cottage Cheese, and Steak. I like my steak rare and then cut it in teeny tiny pieces (smaller than a kids) and just swallowed it. They were just slivers of meat by the time I put them in my mouth, but I was hungry and wanted steak so I took my time.
  • jjwilde265
    jjwilde265 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    baby food. sounds silly but they taste great and are usually organic. great to keep a few pouches in my bike bag. lol :-)